Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown West - Hells Kitchen) Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side

surajsethi
By surajsethi,
in

... and please provide the additional information requested in our reply to your Priceline NYC hotel win for the nites prior to the ones above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just replied to the other thread as well.

Do you recall any of the amenities associated with the Comfort Inn of your previous Priceline Express Hotel win? (please add an additional reply to your other thread)

For this leg of your trip would there be any desire to stay at the same Comfort Inn as your previous win so that you don't have to change properties mid-trip?

If you prefer midtown i'm seeing this 4 star Madison Square Garden hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $179/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... best guess for this one would be the Wyndham New Yorker. If correct this property gets mixed reviews, but the location across from Penn Station is excellent and easy to get around from here. Would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you go for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I can't remember any other amenities, I copied and pasted the entire list I had.

I notice the hotel above charges a mandatory fee of USD 22/night in addition to the rates. I've noticed Resort Fees when I did my Vegas booking but didnt realize this was in effect in NYC as well. Is this normal or just for this particular hotel?

No desire to sta in the same previous hotel and would rather stay in a different area for the additional nights and the preference is for CP, Midtown and Times Sq or anyone in that region.

Do you reckon that this is the best possible deal to score for those dates even with the mandatory fee?

Thanks

Suraj

I can't remember any other amenities, I copied and pasted the entire list I had.

Can you please add this in a reply to your NYC thread so that it 'closes' any questions asked in that thread (and so we don't ask again if we notice a question still remains from our last post)

I notice the hotel above charges a mandatory fee of USD 22/night in addition to the rates. I've noticed Resort Fees when I did my Vegas booking but didnt realize this was in effect in NYC as well. Is this normal or just for this particular hotel?

The majority of NYC hotels do not charge a 'resort fee', although it's starting to become more common and an increasing number of hotels are beginning to charge resort fees (not just in NYC, it's unfortunately a growing trend throughout the country)

Do you reckon that this is the best possible deal to score for those dates even with the mandatory fee?

If you search HOTWIRE you'll see that anything 3.5* or higher in midtown starts at $215/nite... and even with the resort fee the offer above is the least expensive thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.

The Lower East Side would be cheaper, but as per your post above, you'd prefer to be more in midtown for this leg of your trip.

You could also try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price, but there are some caveats for some of the zones which may limit the number of zones you would want to include when bidding (ie- CPS has thee Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms... some hotels in MTE can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, etc, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I don't currently see anything at the 3* level in Midtown that would be a better deal/value then the 4 star Priceline Express offer above at $179/nite.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Can you help ID this one from Price.line:

3 Star Hotel in Times Square - Theatre District Area - $171/night

Guaranteed Amenities:

Restaurant

Fitness Center

I've checked the hotel lists and etc I'm guessing its the Tryp by Wyndham Times Square.

What do you think?

I'm leaning towards booking this instead of the other 4 star suggestion based on the review, provided this is most likely the Tryp by Wyndham.

Thanks

Suraj

I can't get the same PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel to appear on my search. Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

You can't post links to PRICELINE EXPRESS results as they contain a session parameter which won't allow them to work on any computer other than your own.

Yellowdog.

Damn - you're right - It's gone.

Any other suggestions for a really good bargain around the Midtown/TS/CP areas? Happy to look at 3* star options now as well?

I'm hesitant on the 4* suggestion that was previously suggested in the thread because the mandatory USD 22/night fee is so unnecessary. I'll be booking 2 rooms as well so I'm trying to find a better deal.

Thanks

Suraj

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs and you're pleased with the results.

This area is a bit industrial, but this place is worth a morning stop if you can get some warm flatbreads and/or rolls as you make your way towards midtown and the subway:

Sullivan Street Bakery

533 W 47th St

New York, NY 10036

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]