Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown West) Club Quarters Midtown

chrisintx
By chrisintx,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Best guess would be Mayfair New York Hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Do be aware that the NYC Marathon is taking place during your stay (Nov 1) and this is often a busy time in the NYC and many hotels often sell-out for the days before and after the event.

Are you coming in for (and running in??) the marathon? I'm very familiar with NYC and if you let us know your needs for this trip, and maximum budget, we can suggest some options as to your best deals/values for these dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  This site is full of very informative information.  We are not coming for the NYC Marathon.  I found $80/per person RT tickets from DFW to LGA so we're taking a family vacation.  I know Priceline can be a little tricky booking for a family of 4, but if we can get a Queen bed, we should be fine.  Kids are young enough to stay in bed with mom and I can bring a sleeping bag.  IMO it's worth saving a few extra $.  You never know how it will work out, but in the past, I've been able to upgrade (if available) to 2 Doubles or 2 Queens.

We currently have a reservation (refundable) at the Hilton Garden Inn Midtown East on 52nd.  2 Queens for $345/night, so I'm looking to save as much $ possible so we can do some other things while there.  This will be our 1st trip to NYC.

I just noticed another Express Deal for our dates:

3 1/2* @ $193/night -- Midtown West

Guest score of 7+

Business center

Restaurant

Free internet

Fitness center

Bed choice available

While upgrades and/or rooms with two beds is often not a problem in some locations (such as Orlando which is used to accommodating the needs of families and a high percentage of rooms are set-up for more then quad occupancy)... NYC is one of those places where it may not be so easy (as space is at a premium so rooms are often smaller then in most other parts of the countries and a high percentage of rooms only have one bed). As well, add to the fact that the Marathon is in town and most hotels will likely be at near/full occupancy, and your chances of getting an upgrade become slimmer.

Ultimately your decision how you'd like to play it, but you should be aware that the NYC location, and the marathon, will make your ability of getting a room with two beds and/or an upgrade a bit more difficult.

Given the PRICELINE EXPRESS rates (and HOTWIRE rates, even when searching for quad occupancy) your back-up hotel doesn't seem like something that you will ultimately stick with given how much more expensive it is then your other options.

Let us know your thoughts how you'd like to proceed and what your real goals are for this stay (budget, star rating, location, etc) and if you're comfortable with the double occupancy risk of PRICELINE OR want to go with HOTWIRE (for more then double occupancy) or PRICELINE EXPRESS (for a listing that gives a bed choice of more then one bed in the room). How old are your kids?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to go with the Express Deal and got the Club Quarters Hotel Midtown.  Used the Priceline link on BetterBidding.com.

It may be a little snug, but that is New York City.  This saved us over $400 from the previous hotel and puts us a little closer to Times Square and Rockefeller Center.

Our kids (10, 11) are looking forward to the trip to the big city.  Thanks everyone for the information and assistance!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for a well-located property during a busy period. 

You could call the hotel and tell them that you have 2 adults and 2 kids and say that you would appreciate if there was anything they could do about bedding. They may say no because of the discount reservation or other factors, but worst they can say is no.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]