Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown West) Ameritania Hotel

ZRock
By ZRock,
in

I have me and one other looking to go to an event at the madison square garden theater and would need a room on oct 1-5. I've been looking around and am struggling to find anything under $250 a night. Would you have any suggestions? We're fine taking a short train or bus ride to the even each day if it would make a decent savings. We were originally targeting something around $150ish a night, but could push it up to $200 if it would be worth it or the only feasible option.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is during high-season for NYC and rates of $200+ are not uncommon. To make this more affordable i think these are some of your better options:

1) stay outside of the city and commute in, such as this 4 star Long Island City hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $169/nite with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center. This property has not yet been reported to the board but my guess here would be the Paper Factory Hotel, which if correct, is one block to the E train which will take you directly to Penn Station (which sits directly below Madison Square Garden).

2) there is also this 3.5* Long Island City hotel for basically the same price at $171 with Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center... my guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Long Island City. This one is also close to the E train but gets you a little closer to the city (a few stops closer then the one above so a slightly shorter commute).

3) 4 star Downtown hotel which is just over your maximum budget at $204/nite with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center.. this one is near the 1 train which will also take you to Penn Station

The Downtown hotel would actually be a slightly longer commute to the Madison Square Garden (maybe 15-20 minutes vs. 10-15 minutes for the Long Island City hotels) but i personally prefer to stay directly in Manhattan whenever possible as it generally makes for a better overall experience since it's more convenient for your other activities (assuming you'll be touring/exploring throughout the day when not attending event(s) at MSG). One of the great appeals about NYC and most large cities (for me at least) is that you can get or do just about anything at any time of day, so even though 'Downtown' gets a bit quiet on the weekends, you still have the convenience of staying directly in the city vs. having to start your day with a commute in.

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help (or any other questions you have regarding NYC)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These actually all look fantastic, thank you SO much for your help.  As far as what to do in the city, our days will be spent at MSG, and at night, your typical 20something go out to the bars and drink thing is probably going to be our course of action.  I'm sure for this long island would probably be more suitable than manhattan?

I'm sure for this long island would probably be more suitable than manhattan?

To clarify... the above is Long Island City... which is different then Long Island.

As far as going out, you will likely be going out in Manhattan... not Long Island City; so why do you think LIC would be a better choice?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3) 4 star Downtown hotel which is just over your maximum budget at $204/nite with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center.. this one is near the 1 train which will also take you to Penn Station

Do you happen to know what the 4 star hotel may be?

Sorry, i meant to include it above... my best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District (and the price has come down to $196/nite)

There is also this other 4 star Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $179/nite, also with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center... but my guess for this one would be the Club Quarters World Trade Center.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Your help is invaluable.  I tried booking the manhatten ones around a week ago, and never did get the price sub 200 for any of them.  At this point its crunch time, and I just need to get something booked, preferably in manhatten, and will go up to ~$200/night.  Do you see something I don't or did they all go above that price in the last week?

Edit:  Any thoughts on what this hotel could be on hotwire in madison square garden region?  Madison Square Garden area new to hotwire

95% recommended

Booked 4 times today$266*

$189per night
Book now

Any thoughts on what this hotel could be on hotwire in madison square garden region?

Please list the amenities and star rating HOTWIRE associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll be happy to have a look at this.

Just run a search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

How about this 3* Empire State Building hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $155/nite with Free Breakfast and Fitness Center amenities showing?

My guess here would be The Mave hotel, although i would also opt for the $163/nite price and go for the Queen sized bed (vs. the Full). This is cheaper than the Manhattan West Hotel and gets much better reviews, although it would be a further from MSG (although still less then a 10 minute walk)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

How about this 3* Empire State Building hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $155/nite with Free Breakfast and Fitness Center amenities showing?

My guess here would be The Mave hotel, although i would also opt for the $163/nite price and go for the Queen sized bed (vs. the Full). This is cheaper than the Manhattan West Hotel and gets much better reviews, although it would be a further from MSG (although still less then a 10 minute walk)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

This looks great.  How do I get the queen rate?

In fact, when i go back to browse express deals and look for the one you linked, I can't even see it show up.  If there's any way you could get me a direct link to the queen pricing, I'd love to just get it booked.  Again, thank you so much for your help.  You've been a lifesaver.

Unfortunately, it looks like this listing no longer has any inventory - I'm getting the message that the listing is no longer available when clicking through the link (which would extend to the different bed options.) Listings are generally now around $180-220+. I see what appears to be the Row and the Belvedere for around $200 (+/- a few bucks) for these dates. Would either of these options be of interest? I'd be happy to point out which listings are which.

Unfortunately, it looks like this listing no longer has any inventory - I'm getting the message that the listing is no longer available when clicking through the link (which would extend to the different bed options.) Listings are generally now around $180-220+. I see what appears to be the Row and the Belvedere for around $200 (+/- a few bucks) for these dates. Would either of these options be of interest? I'd be happy to point out which listings are which.

I suppose if you can get me a direct link, that would work too.  Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]