Hotwire Hotel: 2* Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland South - Convention Center) Travelodge Anaheim International Inn

sofsnipi
By sofsnipi,
in

We're headed to Disneyland in a few weeks, and want to make sure the hotel is not too bad, but want to save as much money as possible on the hotel so we can go back again. It would also be nice to know if we would be in walking distance (which we can figure out based on the hotel) or would have to drive and pay for more parking. Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!

1 room 3 nights

Check-in: Sept 28

Check-out: Oct 1

2 Adults 1 child (age 2-17)

Hot.wire

Anaheim - Disney South - Convention Center

2 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access

$41 per night

PRICELINE EXPRESS

Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove

2 star

Amenities: Free Breakfast,   Indoor or Outdoor Pool

$40

Other thought would be to use "name your price" on priceline. Given these rates do you think I could get down to $30 on a 2 star in the same area?

Happy to post bidding results if this works out! Thanks again for the Help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To get started...

Bidding on PRICELINE is usually the least expensive way to book and is slightly cheaper then PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE. However, there are a few things to note:

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

Hotels in this area are used to accommodating families and therefore have a high percentage of rooms that can accommodate more then double occupancy, so the risk here would be less then in a large city (such as NYC) where rooms are typically smaller, hotels cater more to the solo business traveler, and have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed.

As well, when bidding on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... you won't have the ability to guess or target the hotel (or location) that you will receive.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts as to which you think is the best option for your needs and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the information on bidding!

I figured that bidding on priceline would be cheaper, but one of my main concerns is parking in that area. Even at the hotels it gets up to $15 per day! So unless I can get a priceline bid for $30 or less, it seems more advatageous to take the $41 hotwire offer with free parking (and breakfast/internet). My concern is that the $41 hotwire offer is one of those few hotels that is terrible, where as a cheaper one star from priceline may be nicer.

I really just want to find out what hotel the $41 Hot.wire is in case my PRICELINE bid of less than $30 doesn't go through.

Thanks!

I really just want to find out what hotel the $41 Hotwire is

Best guess would be Travelodge Anaheim International Inn.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]