Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Lower East Side) Comfort Inn Near Financial District

surajsethi
By surajsethi,
in

Hi Everyone,

I'll be travelling to NYC from the 31st of October to the 4th of November from Australia and I've been quoted some ridiculous pricing from our local travel agents here due to the NY Marathon. I've stumbled upon this forum and have had a read of some of the guidelines and some other posts. I havent noticed any posts specific to the early November period but was wondering if anyone had any advise on bidding for a hotel.

We are travelling in a group of 4 (2 couples) and hence need 2 rooms. We're looking at 3* accommodation and above and have a budget of around 250 USD/night. Happy to stay anywhere closer to the theatre district, midtown, central park area etc.

Any suggestions on how to maximise our budget to get the best possible hotel deal will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Suraj

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

On HOTWIRE i'm seeing what appears to be:

4* The Crowne Plaza Times Square or the Millennium Broadway (i'm not sure which it is) for $219/nite

4* Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side for $176/nite (not the most centrally located but gets very good reviews)

On PRICELINE EXPRESS:

3* The Paul, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member for $175/nite

3* Hotel Edison for $197/nite

4* Wyndham New Yorker Hotel for $211/nite

4* The Shoreham Hotel for $227/nite

Let us know your thoughts if any of the above are of interest and we'll take it from there... or you could of course also try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower price (but no ability to guess or target the specific property you may receive)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. The hotwire options look pretty good although the prices I'm getting are around $15 or so per night dearer. Do the prices on hotwire fluctuate daily? 

Do you think there's more savings to be made with the priceline bidding option in your experience?

Thanks

Suraj

The prices i quoted above are all before taxes/fees, in US Dollars, and come from the HOT.WIRE, EASY VIEW, or PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs at Bidding.helper... rates may differ up/down by a few dollars, but should not be $15 different if searching for double occupancy per room.

Bidding on PRICELINE is usually slightly cheaper then HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, but the latter two give you the ability to target/guess at the hotel you may receive (as well as know if there any specific amenities that you want are offered at the hotel, user review rating(s) of the property, etc)... whereas with PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose to bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

It's pretty odd then. I'm searching in USD as well and referring to the rates before taxes. Have a look at the following link:

<link removed>

For $219/night from the 31/10 to 04/09 I'm getting a hotel in the "Empire State Building Area" at 80% recommended. - This can't be the Broadway area hotels you mentioned?

On the Holiday Inn in East Village, I'm getting it at $197/night - East Village - Lower East Side Hotel at 100% recommended.

Another question I had was, is it better to perhaps wait a few more weeks before locking down accomodation down through sites like Priceline/Hotwire. Will there be better deals closer to the date of the stay in your experience?

Thanks for the assistance

Suraj

For $219/night from the 31/10 to 04/09...

Please confirm the correct check-out date... is it Nov 4? Are you searching for 1room/2adults/0children?

Another question I had was, is it better to perhaps wait a few more weeks before locking down accomodation down through sites like Priceline/Hotwire.

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher between now and your trip... it is based upon supply/demand and how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations. HOWEVER, i will add that this is high-season for NYC, and the NYC Marathon is taking place on November 1, which usually adds to the demand and many hotels have been sold-out for the event in previous years.

If there is a hotel that you like, and it is offered at a good price that you're happy with, it's recommended that you take it, as the same hotel may not be offered in the days/weeks ahead (so not only is their 'price risk' (ie- the room rate going up/down between now and your trip), but there is also 'hotel risk' in the sense that a hotel you're currently interested in disappears entirely from the offers later on)

Thanks for your help. Ended up booking a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at $189/night in Lower East Side inc Free Breakfast. I chose this area to avoid areas which will be affected by the NY Marathon on 01/11. Was hoping to get the 3.5 star Wyndham but ended up getting the Comfort Inn. Pretty disappointed with the result based on the reviews on tripadvisor.

Ended up booking from 31/10 to 03/11. Will now try searching for another hotel from 03/11 to 05/11. I'll start another thread for that.

Thanks for your help

Suraj

Sorry if this wasn't the property you were hoping for, but hopefully it will end up working well for your needs.

There are a few Comfort Inn hotels in this zone, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full name and the address of the one that you received.

While you may not have an interest in the Marathon, i highly recommend being a spectator for part of the race as, even for a non-runner, it's a very uplifting and moving experience.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]