Free parking

Amenities

Boutique hotel  

Business center  

Fitness center  

Restaurant(s)  

Smoke-free rooms  

Spa services

There is going to be a big convention(s) during these days I think. So I wanted to preplan this.

I'm not familiar with Chicago. I want to be able to walk around the McCormick area so maybe other closer areas would be good if you guys could give me some recs.

There is really little around McCormick Place besides McCormick. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay in that area unless they are coming in for a convention there and even then I'd still say staying downtown is preferable. 

If you click on the above listing, then click "book now", then "see all amenities", do you see:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

If so, my guess is that this is a new amenity set for the Chicago Loop Hotel. There is very little around this property and it is a fair ways South of downtown (despite the name, this isn't really isn't in the Loop.)

That said, there's a 3.5* in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area for $116 w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. 

-- This would be a possible match for the Doubletree Mag Mile or Hilton Suites (although more likely the former.) Very nice hotel, great location right in downtown. 

Basically, I wouldn't hesitate to choose the potential Doubletree/Hilton over the Chicago Loop Hotel. There's no reason to stay by McCormick from a tourist perspective and even if you are going to a convention, I'd rather stay downtown and just taxi to McCormick.

I'm very familiar with the area - please let me know if you have any questions. You may see slightly different prices on Hot.wire.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Other than the convention center there isn't too much around McCormick... do you want to be closer/more convenient to the Convention Center or did you want to be more convenient to exploring Chicago?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have attended several trade shows at McCormick, I strongly recommend that you take AaronJB's advice, he is a local and well informed.

I like the River North and Water Tower zones, there are plenty of dining options nearby and there is activity in the evening. The trade show organizer will list all of the hotels with shuttle bus stops, just walk to the nearest one in the morning for a ride to the show. You just need a show badge to get on the bus.

I usually buy a multi day CTA pass and use it on the train from the airport and sometimes to get to McCormick. The # 3 bus goes right down Michigan Ave and makes a stop in front of McCormick. I also have taken the Green rail line to Cermak and walked a few blocks.

If your plans are firm, it's always a good idea to book a room early. I've attended trade shows where the nearest available Hotel room was way out by O'Hare and the only room available in the city was at a hostel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]