Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Union Square East) Mystic Hotel

Maira S
By Maira S,
in

Hello!

This will be my first experience in Price.line so I would really appreciate your help!

I would like to stay in area 12: Union Square East and Nob Hill, from September 19th to September 22nd.

I am willing to pay U$ 185 max for a four-star hotel. If it's not possible, I would like a 3,5 star for U$ 170,00 max.

Which would be the best bidding strategy? Specially for the 3,5 hotels, given the there fewer rebiding areas.

Thank you!!

Welcome to BettterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

If the above is rejected, there is THIS (confirm your dates on the landing page) 4 star USE property for $184/nite on PRICELINE EXPRESS with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... my best guess for this one would be the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good luck and let us now how it goes.

Keep in mind that the strategy above stopped a little before your budget based upon the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer meeting your criteria for this stay, but that offer can disappear at any time... are you not ready to bid/commit to this purchase at this point in time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Now my dates are firm: 3 nights, from 09/19 to 09/22. And I would really like to stay in the Union Square East – Nob Hill Area.

Unfortunately, my bidding during the weekend wasn’t successful.

I tried up until U$ 180 for 4*, U$ 177 for 3,5* and U$ 170  for 3* and 2,5*.

Since I have a refundable reservation for a 1* hotel at the same area for U$ 155, I now must decide if I stick to that or if I raise my bid. 

Our stay comprises a Saturday evening which is a problem. Do you think that the prices may drop in the future?

Thank you so much for your help!

I think you may not be too far off from a win, but it may take a little closer to $200 for a 4*. Unfortunately, there is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the dates. San Fran has become quite an expensive hotel city with increasing demand, so waiting is a risk and this trip is not that far away.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have additional questions.

If the above is rejected, there is THIS (confirm your dates on the landing page) 4 star USE property for $184/nite on PRICELINE EXPRESS with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... my best guess for this one would be the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or continue to move higher, between now and your trip... it all depends upon how actual demand (new reservations/cancellations) come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations, but as you can see from the time of the post/link above, rates have gone up since then.

Currently i think you'll need to be near the $200-$210 area for a 4* hotel... maybe $20 or so less for a lower rated hotel.

Dear Betterbidding friends,
Thank you so much for your help. I’ve decided to stick to my refundable reservation and take the chance of finding a last minute offer. I’m not from the USA and the exchange rate is not at all favorable, what makes hotels in San Francisco even more expensive to us.
I will keep checking the Priceline offers and I will let you know if I get a deal.
Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Anyway, I chose to try HOT.WIRE instead of Priceline and I got the Mystic Hotel by Charles Palmer for U$ 165,00 a night, from 09/19 to 09/22. It's a 3,5* hotel.

I am pleased with it specially because this rate includes breakfast. The regular rate is U$ 222,00. Betterbidding may need, however, to update its list since the Mystic Hotel is listed as a 3 star there. 

These were the amenities informed before purchase:

3,5 * - 75% Recommend - Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant, Business Center.

I've used the Betterbidding HOTWIRE link.

Thank you!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and the included breakfast increases the value of this deal.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set and star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]