Free Parking
Pool
Non-Smoking
Gym
Restaurant
Handicap Accessible
Business Center

Bidding History for a 3*

8 $50 I started with $45, but Priceline said there was no chance of getting accepted. I bid $50 and they offered me a free re-bid of $67 and that I would have to wait 2 hours to bid again for the same star level and area. Wasn't it 24 hours in the past?

9 $53

1 $55

5 $58

6 $60 Won

I went back to PRICELINE check if my initial $45 bid for a 3* in Memphis East (8) would trigger the same page I saw mentioning the 2 hour period. I tried to do a print screen and upload it, but couldn't figure out how. Probably best to show the text. I made sure to be anonymous.

We Want You To Get Your Hotel Room

Based on past priceline customer requests for hotels in this area, your offer price of $45 has only a small chance of being accepted.

You should, as a general guideline, expect to pay an average price of $129 per night for a 3-star hotel in the Memphis, TN area if you called the hotel directly.

Remember - we will only accept one request for the same star level, city area and dates in a 2 hour period. So if you need a specific zone or star level - be sure your first offer price is your best price!

This is a great development, if true, since they used to make you wait 72 hours, then 24.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board... glad to see you're pleased with the outcome on this one and hopefully are looking forward to your check-in later today.

The lock-out period has been reduced to 2 hours (about 3 months ago)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]