Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton

paly1
By paly1,
in

HI!

Heading to Toronto Downtown on the above dates - best on hotwire is $92 and that was around $60 on hotwire a couple of weeks back but our plans were not fixed! - now that they are - am wondering how to go about bidding on Priceline to and what would be expected as an acceptable bid...going from the previous posts I am hoping $60 and will probably get the sheraton which i hear is really nice...

What do you think?

All help much appreciated as always...

Paly

If you look at my PRICLINE post ( it"s almost to the bottom of the page) titled May5, 6, and 7 there are instructions there for getting a 4 star in Downtown Toronto. I haven't had any success yet but I've still got lots of 72 hour periods left. I've bid several times by now so I'm pretty familiar with the process so if you have any questions that I cold help with just let me know.

sorry for the delay in replying - $60 is not my limit but looking at the current bids - i was hoping i would be as lucky as the rest:)

extended stay by priceline - does that work out that i will not then get as good a deal?

i am going to priceline now and see what happens!

paly:)

Did the priceline through savingsbarn link...this is what happened...

Bid $61 (1 for luck!) for the above dates, 4* downtown toronto - rejected...(Then it offered me a rebid of exactly the same zone and star for $17 more!? - never seen that offer before but didn't do it as thought 78 was too high...

Bid $63 added freebid zone - rejected

Bid $65 added Freebid zone - rejected

Then tried Hotwire through savingsbarn.com

Was coming up with $91 for those dates for 4* downtown toronto a couple of weeks back but TODAY - it showed $71 for downtown toronto 4*!!

I decided to take it as it was showing the customer fav icon etc. and i assumed it was the Shereton Centre and knew this would be great for us location wise and other...

All in all got 9 nights for $71 plus tax - sheraton downtown centre...

Am v happy considering its for a conference and the runners are offering the same hotel for $200 plus!

Thanks a million u guys for the great advice as always...

Paly:)

Great!! We're happy to have helped.

Glad it worked out well and you received the hotel you were looking for... and at a HUGE savings!

Can you confirm that the amenities were Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Spa, Business?

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your purchase.

Good Luck at the conference and enjoy your stay in Toronto.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]