Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Everett South - Mukilteo) Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites South Everett

stav
By stav,
in

Hi

When searching for 3 star hotels in Tukwilla, the priceline websites shows hotels with a rating above 8, however on the NYOP page, 3 star Tukwilla region only guarantees a rating of 7+.

In addition, the NYOP page shows the area as Tukwilla - Renton and the regular hotel search page shows the area as Renton. Is it the same zone ?

If I bid on the Tukwilla zone, can I expect a hotel with a rating of 8+ as all the hotels shown in a regular priceline search in that zone are rated above 8, or is it likely to be a hotel with a rating of 7 as is guaranteed on the NYOP page, even though no hotel with a rating below 8 is shown on a regular priceline hotel search in that area ?

Thanks

Your comparison is not valid (on a few levels)...

The 'bidding' side of PRICELINE and the 'retail' side each use a different universe of hotels, so you can't assume that the hotels showing on the retail side of their service will necessarily be what is won thru bidding (or thru PRICELINE EXPRESS).

Also, the zone names and boundaries on the retail side of PRICELINE are different then those use on the bidding side (as evidenced by your comment above).

If PRICELINE is only showing a guaranteed user rating of 7+ then that is minimum that would be guaranteed.

Have you checked PRICELINE EXPRESS to see if a 3* hotel is offered in this zone and what the minimum user review rating of the hotel offered is? (as the user review rating showing at PRICELINE EXPRESS would be for a specific hotel, not for any hotel of that star rating in the zone)

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your expected budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search on a one "el" or "l" Tukwila, you can see other bidder results.  

From Wikipedia - "The name "Tukwila" is believed to have come from the Chinook Jargon word for "nut" or "hazelnut", referring to the hazelnut trees that grew in the area, although some say it was named after the Indian word T’awedIc, for river duck."  

I'd have never know the above, but recently stayed there so one of my grandsons and I could do all sorts of Seattle things - a Mariner's game, Hot Pot doughnuts, Space Needle, etc.  The hotel I got via Hotwire offered free shuttle service to the nearest light rail point, and then it was an easy ride into Seattle.  

Tukwila was much more affordable than downtown Seattle.  And quite convenient.

Also, right at the moment there is a coupon code for a discount I posted in the Bonus Money Opportunities you might find useful.

Romelle

You can see the coupon code and links in my signature below (or in AaronJB's signature above).

What are the date(s) of your stay?

Can you please post your date(s) for this stay so we can research the rates.

3x

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Bonus Money Opportunities are in the second section - Tips and Tricks for Hotwire and Priceline.  Right at the bottom of that section.  They aren't as frequent as they used to be.  Anybody can post ones they happen upon.  Usually new deals will also start appearing in the Moderating team signatures.   

Regarding your question as to the difference between PRICELINE EXPRESS, and bidding - one never really knows.

When demand is high, hotels don't have to put rooms in the bidding inventory.  So the difference can be very small - $10?  Or even no difference.  

When demand is low, there tends to be more difference.  The technique is to carefully research your best opportunity via Priceline Express, think about what savings you need to forgo the added information of PE (amenities and an educated guess as to the hotel),  then start your bidding somewhat less than that and step up until you'd rather have the PE offer.  

If other members have been kind enough to post their bidding results, you can get a clearer idea from the Calendar of Wins (up in the header) for your dates.  

Romelle

• 1 year later...

Glad you were able to find something that worked well for your needs and hope you enjoyed your stay. Can you confirm the details of the PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase? If you could confirm the date/s of travel, zone, star rating, price per night and amenities it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the reminder to update the details of the booking.

The Express deal was for Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites South Everett.

3 stars

Amenities : free wifi, free parking, swimming pool and more

65 USD per day + taxes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]