Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center area boutique hotel - 2/12/2016-2/13/2016

Joel-AK
By Joel-AK,
in

I would love help identifying the following 4* hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center area boutique hotel.

Amenities include:

Boutique hotel
Business center
Fitness center
Golf nearby
Internet access
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

My best guess from hotel list is Hotel Solamar.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'll guess it may be the Hard Rock with a slightly different amenity set than it has been seen with previously. Note that this listing has an additional resort fee per night listed on the detail page.

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the zone w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower for a few dollars less.

---This would be a possible match for the Marriott.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* in the Gaslamp-Horton Plaza area for $176 (you may see slightly different prices than I do) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

-- This would be a possible match for the Palomar.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

Hi thereuare...The post above needs to be moved to the San Diego thread...

BTW, could you please create new dedicated categories for San Diego Priceline and Hotwire? ...If you create them, they will follow! And then it will become more popular.

Also, I wanted to mention a few updates that need to be made to your Priceline Orange County Hotel List...

Artesia - La Mirada - La Palma is new...It includes the popular Priceline hotel, the Sheraton Cerritos. I have no idea why they changed the name of the zone...

The Irvine zones have changed...We now have a John Wayne Airport (SNA) zone that, BTW, does not include some airport hotels that are in the Newport zone. The Newport zone now stands alone, as does a Huntington zone, and Huntington North now includes Westminster.

There is a greyed out Irvine-Tustin zone, and Orange County East zone. No Santa Ana zone.

The expanded Angel Stadium zone now includes the dreaded Best Western Meridian, a pitiful hotel that for some reason earned 3 stars. The Ayres Hotel Orange should be 4 stars, but is now lumped in with the BW-M, as a 3 star, along with the Ayres ALO (next door), and the Doubletree An/Or (across street), and the Ayres Hotel Anaheim.

I noticed that you told someone that resort fees are prevalent in the Disney area... --that's not really true, though it might seem like it, because so many bidders get the Wyndham/Crowne Plaza and the Red Lion. Both of these hotels do not deserve their 3 1/2 star rating--they are often dirty, worn, and with plumbing and/or A/C problems. I wish Priceline would recognize how many of us won't bid in the Disney area (and many others) because of the unfair advantage that these unworthy hotels share by undercutting their competition by tacking on ridiculous fees. Hotels should be required to include any mandatory resort, hospitality, or parking fees in their acceptable bid amount.

I am an expert on many Orange and San Diego County hotels, as well as on San Fran hotels, should you ever have any questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]