Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify 4* Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area hotel

wakeskier
By wakeskier,
in

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Hyatt Regency Chicago would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

AaronJB,

Thank You for the offer, I'm fairly familiar with the city already, we fly in at least once a year for a short vacation.

I'm actually pretty open to most anything Downtown or River North (closer to the red line the better, but not a deal breaker)

I'm only passing on the probable Hyatt sine I've stayed there before for much less.

Just looking for the best deal really (3* plus)

Thanks again

The issue really becomes the particular set of dates. Rates in major cities vary often by date - while you may have stayed at the Hyatt for less, if that was a different set of dates (hotels in a city like Chicago can be a few hundred one day on HOTWIRE and around $100 the next if there's something going on), a few years ago or an entirely different season, then it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. In this case, the potential Hyatt is $122, but the next cheapest 4* is $161. The spread between the Hyatt and most other properties for this date will likely appeal and if that goes, the selection is going to be $160 and above (and the 4*'s around $160-170 are not particularly appealing - the Club Quarters properties and the Felix are examples.)

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I used your BiddingHelper.com to get a full list of amenities for the following find on Hot.wire in downtown Chicago.  Any idea on which hotel?  

2 nights

Dates: 9/26-9/28

4* Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park

$169/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thank you!

Sherri

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, wakeskier said:

Ended up staying at the Palomar, I don't recall the price

Was this thru PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE... or a regular rate purchase?

If one of the three you can still view the full details of your purchase (including the price) by going to the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of the respective home page.  We can then edit this topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]