chids
By chids,
in

1) Hotwre: @ 89$

Newark Intl Airport EWR area hotel

how 90% recommended

Free parking

Amenities:

Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Free Internet   Free parking   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry

Dates: 9/4/2015 - 9/7/2015

2) What is the EWR All Suites area? I am looking for Bigger rooms for large family (4 adults & 2 kids) Could we get something around 120$ range?

Appreciate your help

HOTWIRE has a limit for 4 guests/room. Are you looking for more than one room?

For both hotels. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price and star rating, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

How many adults/children did you search for?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

The 'all-suite' properties shown by HOTWIRE are generally not a large 2BR suite that will accommodate 6 people... they are more often then not places like Hyatt Place, Comfort Suites, etc. that are a larger room with a 'half wall' separating the sleeping space from the living space.

However, is the purpose of this stay to find a less expensive alternative to Manhattan and you'll be commuting in each day? If so, most of this area is not really that great for this purpose as it's not really that convenient via mass transit (if you have your own car and are driving it's do-able, although still not necessarily recommended), as there are better options available for this purpose.

If you're looking for something that is convenient to Manhattan, let us know your maximum budget (per nite and per room before fees/taxes) and we will have a look to see what your best options are. Also, how are you arriving to this area... are you flying into EWR (or some other airport), driving, or taking the train?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the clarifications...

i am driving in from Charlotte, looking for a decent ( minimum 3*) place...with good connectivity to Metro/subways etc...I believe manhattan area would be costly & hence the reason to stay a bit further but close to Public tranit.

Per day budget would be around 60-80 for each room..Basically Good value for money.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Parking is also required.

Thanks again.

Per day budget would be around 60-80 for each room...

I don't think you're likely going to find anything 'decent' (or at all) within this price range, especially if looking for triple/quad occupancy in each room.

Use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (and after the search use the price slider on the left side of the page to limit the number of hotels that are shown to be within your budget, as well as remove some of the lowest rated hotels)... what is the best deal you're able to find? (as i think this will give you a better sense of what constitutes 'good value' for the money in this area... as the price is likely higher then what should should expect to be a 'good value' in other parts of the country)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No What i meant was if there are no single room available which accomodate 6 people, i am also OK with 2 rooms with 3 people each...If the budget is lower for this criteria (3 Star+, Near Public Transit to Manhattan, if possible car parking) What should be the budget then?

Searching HOTWIRE for 2rooms/4adults/2children i see this 2.5* hotel in the Secaucus-Meadowlands zone for $84/nite (your price may differ by a dollar or two) with:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

... best guess for this one would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Secaucus-Meadowlands.

Assuming i'm correct on this one, although the hotel is 2.5* rated (just below the 3* you mention you were hoping for) the hotel gets good reviews, has free parking, and there are a lot of chain restaurants a short drive (3-4 minutes) away. There is a bus nearby that would take you to Manhattan.

Would this one work for your needs?

Thanks for all the help...owing to high rates for the long weekend season...I am changing my plans. Will drop in a new query once i finalize...As you know these places quite well...what do you suggest? For a family with 7 people(including kids) is it more feasible to stay in proper Newyork & avoid the 10$ charges for train per person per trip? if we stay in New jersey, we would be spending at leats 140$ a day on the train tickets isnt it? What would be your suggestion rather pay some more & stay in proper walkable distance in NYC?

If taking the bus (from Secaucus) the fare is only about $3/pp each way, and on the weekends kids under 12 ride free (up to two kids for each fare paying adult)... this is for all trains, light rail, and buses as per the times below:

Family SuperSaver: Two children ages five through 11 may travel free with a passenger paying any valid fare. This program is available on trains, light rail, and buses during weekends and holidays from 7 p.m. Friday (or the day before a holiday) until 6 a.m. Monday (or the day after a holiday).

With the above noted, whenever possible, it is better to stay directly in Manhattan for the convenience and the 'NYC experience'... one of the things about NYC is the 'buzz' that it has 24/7 in the sense that you can do almost anything you'd like at any time of the day, and the convenience/freedom of having all of this at your disposal right outside of your hotel room. You obviously lose some of this when staying outside of the city, but it comes down to your budget and what trade-offs you want to make (convenience, experience, and budget)

As noted above the fare for commuting isn't as much as you imply (plus the kids free for most of the dates of your trip reduces this cost even further), but ultimately it comes down to what you're willing/able to spend (and if you splurge on a NYC will it prevent you from doing other things once in the city?)

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]