HI Hawaii Hapuna Beach Prince Kamuela

nlrjkr
By nlrjkr,
in

Got this hotel on Hotwire for $176/night ($598.95 total). We were assigned to a partial ocean view room in building 4. Even though it is away from the action in Kona, we loved the hotel. The hotel personnel was friendly and helpful. Free valet parking, coffee in the room and 2 bottles of water each day. Room was king sized bed with large lanai including table & 2 chairs along with a reclining beach chair. Pool water was the first I've found in the islands that felt warm enough to swim in. Room service was fast and efficient. The beach was very nice and far less crowded than that of the adjoining Hapuna Beach Park. As in all Hawaii hotels, food was expensive, but it's a 20 minute ride to cheap breakfast in Waimea. We are used to driving long distances to restaurants so this seemed like no big deal to us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who prefers to be in a quieter area and would stay there again.

• 3 weeks later...

The week before we went, we called the conceige at the Hapuna to ask about horseback riding, as I wanted to book that before we left.

I mentioned to the conceige that I would like a room with 2 beds, and I was bringing 2 kids. (11/13)

She was very nice and it did not seem to be a problem.

I was worried about it when I checked in and wondered if I would have a problem.

We were always nice, polite and not demanding.

When I got there, I mentioned to the desk person who helped me that I had 2 kids with me, they brought out juice and cold towels for 4, the girls however, refused to get out of the car until we checked in, we had just come from driving from Hilo, and had been in the car about 3-4 hours with our stops.

I asked if there were any upgrades, the women discussed this with another women at the desk, maybe a supervisor who also had a 11 year old.

They said oh, you are staying 5 days? They looked at their schedule and reservations for that week, and decided they could give me a closer and nicer room and a upgrade but instead of 2 queen beds it had 2 double beds. Well I wasn't sure that would work well, as my girls fight. They said they could put a rollaway bed in the room but the room would not be ready for 45 minutes as the room had to be inspected. They said we would like the room better.

We got the girls out of the car and went down to the pool for an hour.

The room was great! Big bathroom. The rollaway bed was big and very comfortable, the girls switched off beds and no one complained about the rollaway.

They cleaned the rooms twice a day, turndown service and some cleaning in the evening, which we usually said wasn't needed. My girls and husband could not get over that.

We were treated 1st class by everyone at the resort.

I tried to give the women who checked my in a $20 tip, when I was finishing checking in and thanked her for her efforts.

She refused the tip.

I again asked her to take the $20 and she took it but was a little afraid to it seemed. I said aren't you allowed tips, she said yes, and I then insisted on it. I felt that she went out of her way to make my family trip even more enjoyable. I got the impression what she was doing was just standard procedure at this hotel.

The hotel was full the first night but not the rest of the week. It was the end of a doctors convention, and they were booked up the day we were leaving, a friday.

They have free valet parking, although we tipped when we used it, they also have self parking close.

We also tipped the maid.

We had bottled water left in our room every day, 4 bottles every day.

The beach was lovely, I would stay there again in a minute. We did not eat in the restaurants except we got some food from the cafe. A little too expensive and not the atmosphere for the girls.

My husband and I did spend some time at the beach and pool by outselves the last night and watched the sunset while the girls went to the room and watched tv and ate some food.

You can feel very safe there.

We also went to the Mauna Kea one day, the beach and pool was nice, but our hotel was just as nice.

they have a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes.

I used the fitness center and took a couple of classes. The fitness center is free, the classes $15.

We ourselves are in the hospitality business, we have a bed and breakfast in rural Alaska, this is the slow season, when we get to take our vacation. My husband and I are in our mid-50's.

We appreciate good service and this was it.

We took the girls to the Hilton one day however, and the 11 year old wondered why we didn't stay there.

I think the Hilton might make you a little crazy(the adults) and there isn't a beach although you can look out at it. It is beautiful though.

hope this helps you, I will be wondering how your stay goes.

• 1 year later...

Great hotel! Nice beach. Kids enjoyed the Keiki club very much. Staff were very nice. We were upgraded to an ocean view room, but there are really no bad room locations, as all the guest rooms face the ocean. Walking on the beach under the stars, sitting on the lanai hearing the sound of the waves and the bird chirping, swimming in the pool watching the sunset and then the dive-through movie ... What a vacation!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]