Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront Area - Convention Center) Seaport Boston Hotel

butterfly0618
By butterfly0618,
in

Hi - I am looking to book 2 rooms in the Seaport/Convention Center District in Boston for the night of 8/29 and wanted to find out the best strategy so I can get the lowest price. I would like a 4 star or above hotel. It seems that one of the four stars in the area(Seaport, Westin or Renaissance) is available via hotwire for about $175 a night and through Priceline express for $185 a night. Please let me know how I should proceed via Priceline.

Thank you

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

When bidding 4* in the Boston area you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Seaport-Convention Center...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you - I followed the strategy using your link but I did not get a winning bid. :( It then told me I could try again in 2 hours so I may do that. If it doesn't work out after I hit $170 I am probably going to use Hotwire to book the 4 star Waterfront Area/Convention Center hotel they have listed for $173 a night. It has the following amenities:

Business Center

Indoor Pool

Restaurant(s)

Fitness Center

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Do you think it is the Seaport Hotel?

Many thanks.

If you're going to re-try up to $170 i would try the following (and please start with this [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link, not the link in any emails that priceline may send informing you that you can try again:

Select 4* Seaport-Convention Center...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

For the HOTWIRE offer, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, then my best guess here would be the Seaport Boston Hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know which service you ended up using and what you got... or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - thanks for all your help. Price.line did not want to take my bids of up to $170 a night for the Seaport-Convention Center 4 Star combination so I booked via Hot.wire. I got two rooms at the Seaport Boston hotel for that night for $171.00 per night plus taxes/fees. saved about $70 a room.

Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]