Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Arlington) Key Bridge Marriott

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

Bid initially for one night to do New Years Eve First Night in Alexandria.  Enjoyed our stay and wanted to relax new years day, so added a night using the Priceline offer, same terms.

$53 bid

$12.39 tax and fees

$65.39 total.

Oldest Marriot in the system according to their literature on site.  Large property. Awesome views from the top floor.  We went up to walk around.  It's conference and meeting rooms up there but they weren't in use and we wandered around a bit.  (Bellman told us it was great up there, go up and look around).  I got some great photos of the Arlington area, Potomac and Key Bridge.  There are indoor and outdoor pools. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool (staffed with lifeguard), and I enjoyed watching from the hot tub and a lounge chair.  They did have a problem one night keeping towels stocked. Apparently they were understaffed, so we had to go down to the gym and snag the last, small, towels to dry off from the pool. 

The restaurant had great food, prices a bit steep for beverages, even for DC.  Small convenience store/gourmet coffee shop on site as well.  Wonderful and friendly staff, very helpful.  They pointed me in the direction of using Uber for a ride to Alexandira for NYE.  Awesome recommendation. I signed up on UBER and got credit for signing up, so my first ride into Alexandria was essentially free, and we were just paying for the return trip.  Amazing service, both rides we had our driver show up within 3 minutes, and you can watch the car arrive on your phone app.

I digress.  I saw some reviews with folks complaining about this property as far as outdated, rooms were small, etc.  I see no such reason to complain.  Our room was quite small, but we had a decent view, and we weren't there to hang out in our room.  And we were bargain Priceline customers, and on a busy holiday weekend, we were quite pleased with the hotel and our room. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]