Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Embassy Suites Hotel Pittsburgh-International Airport

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

Bid: 63

Tax and Fees: $14.61

Total: $77.61

Needed a room, preferably with pool because travelling with my 7 year old for Pirates games and a pop star concert.  So started bidding at 3.5* airport, bid $50, failed.   Added downtown area (knowing I wouldn't get it, but still shooting for airport, and if I get downtown, so be it, I'll just pay to park and have a nice hotel), bid $55 failed.  Added North Shore (again knowing wouldn't get, especially with concert and a game, but if I got it, excellent, going to concert and games), bid $60, failed, but priceline countered at, I think, $74.  Declined to take $74 offer.   I added South Side (again, knowing it was unlikely), bid $63.  Bid accepted.

Unusual that I have to go this long. Usually I get the Pittsburgh Marriot for $50-$55. But sold out PNC Park for huge Cardinals series, top two teams in baseball, plus several concerts going on in the area.  The hotels probably were filling up. 

Excellent free continental breakfast with made to order omelets.   Free parking.  Large rooms with fridge, microwave, sink, living room, 2 tvs.  Typical older Embassy property but updated and very well kept.

Nice indoor pool with hot tub outside.

Full bar and restaurant.

Charge in room for internet, but I logged on in atrium area just outside room, clicking on the "promo" option, and then was able to use my laptop everywhere, including in bed.

Used Sprint data on my phone, unlimited, so I didn't try to log onto hotel with handheld.

Great hotel, great deal.  You'll never find this property under $100 on any site or without bidding. This is the second time I scored it on Price.line bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]