Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Nassau and Paradise Island 8/12-8/15 $134

Steve C
By Steve C,
in

Hi everyone,

I would love help identifying this hotel in the Nassau Area.

According to the Bidding Helper Easy View:

Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

Originally $220/night

$17 per night per person resort fee

4/5 on Trip Advisor

Any ideas?

The only 3.5* I see in the Hotwire list is Breezes.

Thanks for your help!

The British Colonial Hilton Nassau is downgraded to 3.5* so that would be my best guess.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I have spent a day at the Hilton (day pass during a cruise stop) so i have a little experience with the pool area and location of this property (and a little about the Bahamas in general), if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help! We were already considering the Hilton so that would be a great win if it is this resort.

Would love your feedback on the Hilton and any other resorts we should consider. With two small kids staying back at home we are likely NOT interested in doing much other than eating and laying at the pool or in a beach chair. Ha

How is the beach at the Hilton since it is kind of in the bay/harbor? Are there a decent amount or restaurants/shops within walking distance?

The beach at the Hilton is small (and iirc correctly man made)... not waves or anything like that, more of a place to wade into directly from the sand. It is also right in front of the cruise port so you get a very up close look at the ships as they come in and depart. It was a few years ago that we were there but they did have a kayak that you could take out into small roped in area of the bay which was fun (if not extensive). The pool area is not grande, but all in all we had a very nice time during our brief time there, found the pool waitstaff to be pleasant and accommodating (not pushy), and we would likely return if looking for a relaxing time (it was not crowded when we were there so any crowds could potentially make things a bit busier/more hectic and less relaxing).

The location is good for being 'right in the heart of downtown' (which is also the tourist area)... you are an easy walk to the straw market where you can haggle for souvenirs to take back home, as well as visit some local restaurants... all are an easy walk. However, depending how adventurous you are, you could also take the local bus (much cheaper than taxis and gives you some shoulder-toshoulder time with the locals) outside of the immediate area to visit other restaurants (a bus stop is just a few blocks away... the fare is likely < $2 (whatever we paid wouldn't be valid anymore since it was awhile ago)

If you search MAPS and HOTELS.com, click the name on the list on the left (or the hotel itself within the map) within the info window that opens is a link to 'SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc.' which will then show you restaurants nearby the hotel (or any hotel that you choose)

In the past we also visited the Sheraton (which is now the Melia Nassau Beach) which is more of the extensive resort with multiple pools on-site and a 'real' beach. However, this is a bit more isolated and not as much walkable in the immediate area (we didn't venture too far outside of the resort though... you can do the same MAPS and HOTELS.com search for this property and see what is indeed nearby). Also, while it was a Sheraton, everything on-site was crazy expensive (like NYC prices) but that may have changed with the change of ownership (looks like it's all-inclusive now).

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure if I need to create a new topic or not, but a new hotel popped up on Hotwire today that I had not seen before.

Same dates and area but this time a 3* All-inclusive for $212

Amenities

A la carte dining  

Beachfront hotel  

Free activities  

Free entertainment  

Free food and drinks  

Free parking  

Free premium drinks  

Free water activities  

Resort

Any ideas?

I do have a popup when starting to book this hotel 'Book soon! The last person got the Breezes Bahamas - All Inclusive'

Could that be it?

Not sure if I need to create a new topic or not,

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

I do have a popup when starting to book this hotel 'Book soon! The last person got the Breezes Bahamas - All Inclusive'

Could that be it?

The "last person got ..." message shown by HOTWIRE is in reference to the last person who won a hotel in that zone at that star rating... it doesn't apply to the amenity set of the current offer nor does it say anything about the current hotel offered.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities

This is what I see when replicating your search,

Free Parking

Resort

Beachfront

Food and Beverages

Premium Beverages

ala Carte

Water Sports

Evening Entertainment

Daily Activities

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Tennis

Spa

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

...If this is what you see would my guess be Breezes Bahamas.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

PS. For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our Bidding.Helper and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer

·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]