Priceline Hotel: Help ID hotel

ronojo
By ronojo,
in

I'm looking at a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel in Skokie/Niles/Evanston area.  3 stars with business center, pool, free internet and free breakfast for $133 for the night of July 11.  (I was looking for a hotel in Chicago but for some reason there are very few rooms available that night and the ones that are available are priced through the roof)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

A few thoughts:

1. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but the Best Western University Plaza would be a guess.

2. I'd rather the Homestead in Evanston for $140 regular rate on the regular rate side of PRICELINE and when you look at the total that actually winds up after taxes/fees being a couple of bucks cheaper than the Express Deal.

3. Are you driving in or flying in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

We will be driving.

Interesting that you are suggesting The Homestead.  It's reviews are mixed and don't seem to be as good as those for the Best Western.

Any idea of what's going on in Chicago that weekend that is making it so difficult to get a 4 star hotel for under $325?

We will be driving.

Interesting that you are suggesting The Homestead.  It's reviews are mixed and don't seem to be as good as those for the Best Western.

Any idea of what's going on in Chicago that weekend that is making it so difficult to get a 4 star hotel for under $325?

23,000 person convention.

Neither the Homestead nor the Best Western University Plaza are without issues by any means - both are older properties, although the Homestead is more the charming Inn and unique. However, I can see where that's not going to appeal to everyone. The Homestead has an average 4/5 on Tripadvisor, the Best Western 3.5. 

There's also the idea of how much are you going to be in the room and that the Homestead is ultimately a couple of bucks less.

I mean, ultimately if you want to go out further prices become progressively cheaper. I see what appears to be the Wyndham Glenview Suites (which doesn't get great reviews, but if you're not going to be there much) for $115. If you don't mind a VERY long train trip into the city, there's a 2.5* for $62 on Express Deals in the Lincolnshire-Vernon Hills area. There's also a 3* on Hot.wire for $80 in the Northbrook area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for all your input.  I ended up booking a room at the Best Western University Plaza directly.  For the $10 extra it gives me the option to cancel if the trip falls through.  There was a room available at the Orrington but $1,500 for one night was not really in our budget!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]