Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Culver City) Help!

g0jib3rry
By g0jib3rry,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel in Culver City for the dates 7/23-7/26. I would prefer a 3 star and my budget is $107 a night (before taxes and fees). I looked at priceline's recent wins for those days and there was a Culver City 3* hotel won for $107 and even for $105 a couple days prior. However, when I tried that same bid I keep getting denied. I have a back-up (refundable) hotel booked just in case, so I'm flexible on continuing to bid these next couple of weeks. Do you think it will be possible considering someone else was successful with this same bid?

Thank you in advance! This is my first time posting but this site has been a huge help.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Where are you seeing that someone won a bid for your exact dates for $107? Additionally, can you confirm the star rating and cost of your back-up (just so that we can have something to compare to when researching options.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I saw the winning bid on Priceline's website of "recent won bids" but now I see that even though I thought it was for my dates, that when I change dates it still shows the same won bids. Looks like it's more of a general win than reflecting my exact dates. 

The backup is the 2* Ramada Culver City for $127 a night, but with taxes it came out to $430 total (so anything around that is workable). The hotel is for my parents coming in town, and I heard that there might be bedbugs at the hotel I currently have booked. They aren't too hard to please, but I'd like to find them something a little nicer if possible. Thanks again! :)

The winning bids shown on PRICELINE's own site are not necessarily for your specific dates, and as a result, are almost meaningless.

Unfortunately rates in the area are high for these dates... how far outside of Culver City are you willing to have your parents stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

ALSO, please use our sister site RefundableRates.com for your future back-up plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As a cheaper option, I'm seeing a 3* for $109 (you may see a slightly different price) on Hot.wire in Universal-Studio City nearby w/Restaurant, Pool, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Free Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

Would likely be the Mikado.

Would that be of interest? Otherwise rates are high in the area for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]