Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Times Square - Theatre District) The Time New York

supra96-jdm
By supra96-jdm,
in

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I'm planning to visit NY with my family from 4th-7th August. We need 3 rooms.

We are a group of 5 adults and 4 children (1 infant and rest of the 3 are all under the age of 7). Most hotels let one child stay free using existing beddings and infant in a crib, so I think we would be okay with Priceline.

I've used Priceline in the past only one when I won the Marriott Marquis Times Square for $270 per night for a stay in October 2014.

Anyhow, express deal on Priceline right now shows a 4.5* hotel in Times Square area with amenities as below:

8+ rating

Business centre

Restaurant

Free internet

Fitness centre

Can you please suggest which hotel it might be for the $239 price?

Also if I bid for upto $220-$250 for a Times Square hotel for 4* or 4.5*, which hotels am I likely to win if I choose to bid instead of the express deal?

As we are with children, our top preference is the Times Square area.

Thanks,

Raza.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Price.line only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. In some areas, it's no issue to request two beds at the hotel level. In NYC - where rooms are often tiny/small and two beds usually goes for a premium - there's a significant risk that the hotel would say no to such a request.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, is the above listing showing "bed choice?" If not, I'd recommend looking for a listing with bed choice as an option and then making sure that 2 beds is one of the options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I agree with AaronJB's comment above, but will add...

Most hotels let one child stay free using existing beddings...

The above is not necessarily true, and is certainly NOT true in NYC, where many hotels have a high percentage of rooms that only have one bed (and many rooms have little/no space for a rollway. As well, even if your quote were true, you say most hotels... what if you receive one that does not allow a child at no charge? Lastly, with PRICELINE you can't choose your room type (although you sometimes can with PRICELINE EXPRESS) so there is no way to bid on a room where you can be sure that there will be 'existing bedding' for a 3rd guest/child in the room (and in NYC many hotels consider rooms with two beds to be an upgrade from 'standard')

In addition to finding a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that shows a 'Bed Choice', HOTWIRE can be another options as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy per room and guarantees accommodations for everyone that you include in your search.

Ultimately it's your decision if you want to take the occupancy risk or not, but in NYC this is a risk i wouldn't recommend (vs. a location such as Orlando which is accustomed to accommodating families and have a high percentage of rooms with two beds)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your replies and explanation guys! Really appreciate it.

If that's the case, we can add the 4th room as well. Also I'm sure I can ask the hotel to allow us to have the infant sleep on the existing bed if they don't offer a crib, so we can be 2 guests per room in the 4 rooms and only one extra infant in one of the rooms.

Please let me know which hotel do you suspect would come if I choose the $239 per night 4.5* option on Priceline?

Also please let me know if I use Hotwire for quad occupancy, which hotels are you guys seeing on the website nowadays?

Lastly, if I bid for 3 or 4 rooms on Priceline or Hotwire, which hotel am I likely to win if I bid with a price range of $190-$240 per night (without taxes). Target category is 4* or 4.5* and Times Square area.

Priceline shows a U-shape area marking for midtown west. Are there any good options in that area if I extend my bidding area range?

Thanks again!

Raza.

Also please let me know if I use Hotwire for quad occupancy, which hotels are you guys seeing on the website nowadays?

If you look in the Hotel Lists (up in the header) you can see all the hotels members have reported getting via Price.line, PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire.  It is organized first by state, then by city, then zone within city, and finally star level.  

Romelle

8+ rating

Business centre

Restaurant

Free internet

Fitness centre

Best guess for this 4.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be The Premier Hotel Times Square.

If you search HOTWIRE for the number of rooms/adults/children that you need, does anything within your desired zone, star rating, and budget appear? If so, let us know the details of your search and the offer (NOTE: to see the full amenity set of the offer us the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com) and we will have a look at and research the offer.

Lastly, if I bid for 3 or 4 rooms on Priceline or Hotwire, which hotel am I likely to win if I bid with a price range of $190-$240 per night (without taxes). Target category is 4* or 4.5* and Times Square area.

There is no bidding on HOTWIRE... only with Price.line. When bidding on PRICELINE there is no information provided about the specific hotel you're bidding on so there is no way to know which one it is that you may receive, but you can see which hotels have been won previously in each zone and star rating using the Priceline Hotel List for New York as Romelle referenced above.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search HOTWIRE for the number of rooms/adults/children that you need, does anything within your desired zone, star rating, and budget appear? If so, let us know the details of your search and the offer (NOTE: to see the full amenity set of the offer us the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com) and we will have a look at and research the offer.

For the HOTWIRE offers please include the amenities associated with the property as well as the search parameters used to make the offer appear.

Anything in the Midtown Central zone would be easily walkable to Times Square, although i'll add that you will likely spend far less time in Times Square then you think... great to go and look at the lights and people watch for a bit, but other than that you'll find other areas of the city more interesting.

My guess for this 3* Times Square property would be the Tryp By Wyndham New York Times Square.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hello,

I was about to confirm the 4.5* hotel option on PL express but noticed that the price and amenities have changed, so maybe it's a different property now.

Please advise.

Times Square 4.5*

$259/night

8+ reviews

Business centre

Restaurant

Fitness centre

Internet

Bed choice:

1 queen bed non smoking @ $259

1 king bed non smoking @ $273

Also need to know following:

Times Square 4*

$228/night

7+ reviews

Fitness centre

Restaurant

Business centre

Internet

Midtown East 4.5* @ $249/night

8+ reviews

Pets allowed

Business centre

Restaurant

Free internet

Business centre

Bed choice:

Queen bed - studio

King bed - premier room

King bed - executive room

1 bedroom suite

Midtown East 4* @ $213/night

No reviews

Business centre

Restaurant

Fitness centre

Bed choice: room assigned at check in

Midtown west 4* @ $212/night

7+ guest reviews

Pets allowed

Business centre

Restaurant

Bedding choice:

Room assigned at check in

Queen bed

2 double beds

King bed

Please also guide which of these hotels would be the best choice.

Thanks!

Raza.

Raza,

Besides remarkable NYC insights from thereuare (a resident), you might also appreciate the Hotel Review areas at the very end of this web site.  Lots of members have been kind enough to post there, and they have the unique perspective of people getting the especially good rates from Priceline/Hotwire.  

For lots more reviews from the general populace, www.tripadvisor.com is amazing.

But don't waste too much time looking up reviews after you've spotted what appears to be a good deal.  Both Hotwire and Priceline Express deals can pop on and off rather quickly.  On the other hand, if you liked one and missed it, maybe just keep checking and it will come back?

Romelle

See my guesses/comments inline below:

Times Square 4.5*

$259/night

--> The Premier Hotel Times Square

Times Square 4*

$228/night

--> i think Night Hotel Times Square but i'm not certain

Midtown East 4.5* @ $249/night

--> Hyatt 48 Lex

Midtown East 4* @ $213/night

--> no guess (too many options/matches in the Priceline Express Hotel List

Midtown west 4* @ $212/night

--> The Mansfield

Let us know which you decide and how it goes.

Hello,

I have bid up to $210 for a 4.5* hotel in the TS area but unsuccessful.

Would you suggest to try for a 4* with the bid price of up to around $210-220? What should be a starting point in terms of room rate for a 4* option?

Is there somehow you can determine which hotel I am likely to win?

I want to exhaust my luck first with the bidding options otherwise I'll just grab something from the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals.

Raza.

Above you have asked for hotels in various zones... are you now only willing to accept a hotel in the Times Square zone?

There are some parts of MTE that would be a long walk to Times Square with kids (25-30 minutes... most areas are substantially less, but given traveling with children we will play it safe and exclude this zone for the time being) but all of MTW should be fine, imo.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* TS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190

If not successful there is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 4* hotel in the MTW zone for $193/nite

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're confused, unsure, or new to the subject)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Also which hotel do you think is the 4* in MTW for $193 from the PL express deal?

I'm seeing a 4* MTW on PRICELINE EXPRESS w/Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center 7+ guest rating for $193. Would be a possible match for the Mansfield.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Hello,

Im using the BiddingHelper.com to bid on the priceline hotels. However, when I go to preview page for a 4* hotel, it has all the regular costs listed as well as a charge by the name 'hotel fees', whereas this charge isnt showing up on a 4.5* bidding page. So with the same bid of $200 per night, the eventual total of a 4* is coming to be higher than a 4.5*. So what should I do?

Also searching for quad occupancy on HOTWIRE, I see a 4.5* for $289 with following amenities. Can you please ID this property for Times Square:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Roll-in shower

Also Midtown Central on HOTWIRE shows a $260 per night option for 4* with below amenities (quad occupancy):

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Thanks,

Raza.

The 'hotel fees' are the potential fees if you were to win a hotel in the zone that charges a resort fee.

So let's assume there are 4 hotels at a given star rating in a zone:

Hotel 1 (no resort fee)

Hotel 2 ($20/nite resort fee)

Hotel 3 (no resort fee)

Hotel 4 (no resort fee)

If you were to bid on a hotel in this zone and star rating, a line item would show a hotel fee of $20/nite. If you were to win Hotel #2 above you would pay that amount directly to the hotel (just like any other customer regardless of how the room was booked)... if you were to win any of the other hotels in the zone, there would be no resort fee payable directly to the hotel. By showing this line item PRICELINE is showing you the most it would possibly cost, even if you were to win a hotel with a resort fee.

So with the same bid of $200 per night, the eventual total of a 4* is coming to be higher than a 4.5*.

Of course... if you're making the same bid, naturally a star rating that has a hotel that charges a resort fee would come out more expensive because you're making the very same bid amount... but what makes you think that a 4.5* hotel would accept the same $200 bid price as a 4* property?

Thanks for the explanation sir about the hotel fees..

Yes I know a 4.5* won't accept a $200 bid realistically... That was just a hypothetical dollar value.. I tried the midtown East as well to win the Omni Berkshire as a couple of fellow members reported it recently but to no avail..

Anyhow, can you please ID the Hotwire hotels I inquired in my previous Post?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Raza

For the 4.5* HOTWIRE offer my guess would be the Novotel New York Times Square... i don't have a guess for the 4* property.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]