Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio Sea World Bidding Questions

Jeniv
By Jeniv,
in

I am looking to place a bid on a 4* hotel in the west San Antonio/Sea World area for July 13 - July 17. Are there any surprises I should watch out for?? I am hoping for the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. On Hot.wire last week I saw a 4* resort for as low as $119, but it's now coming up as $199. There is a 4* hotel (not resort) that comes up on Hotwire for around $100. I don't want to place the bid and not have a good pool...we are booking this for a staycation so we are wanting something resort like and relaxing. Would love to hear feedback on other peoples experience with this area of San Antonio and hotel bidding :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your max budget/night before tax/fee's?

You can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is another option where you can take a guess as to the hotel based upon the description shown before your purchase.

You will have a pool when bidding for the San Antonio West - Sea World PRICELINE zone but I can't say how "good" it is. But you're guaranteed a property with a 9/10 review score and that is pretty good in my book.

All previous reported HOTWIRE and PRICELINE hotels can be found in this link: San Antonio Hotels

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

When I search for 4* hotels in the Sea World/West region of San Antonio on Priceline, only the Hyatt Regency comes up...so that was why I was wanting to bid on a 4* hotel in that region on priceline. I guess I am wondering if I place a bid for a 4* in the Sea World/West region, is it possible to get a different hotel than the Hyatt even though the Hyatt is the only one to come up in their regular search? Hope that makes sense. 

The Hyatt is the only 4* that is showing and the only 4* that has been reported to the board, but nothing is guaranteed/assured when bidding - there is always the chance of a new hotel, a change in star rating for another hotel or the zone is changed so it includes another hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

I live in Austin and have been using PRICELINE nyop for the Hyatt Hill Country for 10 years now. From Sept-Dec it goes for $68 plusthe  resort fee they get you for. For summer rates its a little more $110-120. I just placed bid for next week 7/14-7/16 at $89 which was declined. Anyway. It is currently the only 4* in the area. The only other hotel in area is the Hilton which has been listed as 3.5* for years now.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked this room through PRICELINE EXPRESS...

Can you please follow-up your previous San Antonio hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, as well as post your most recent win to the board as a NEW TOPIC.

In your post(s) please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite (before fees/taxes), dates of your stay, and (if applicable) the amenities that the service associated with the property and showed before your purchase.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]