Priceline Hotel: New Orleans Priceline for JazzFest '06?

basher
By basher,
in

I am eagerly awaiting a post from a BB member that attempts to beek a New Orleans room for Jazzest '06. I will be going down on either the 26th or 27th of April and returning on May 1st and would love some insight as to what bids in the FQ might be accepted.

We have backup plans for a Guest House in NO.

I've heard second-hand that a recent 3* bid of $94 including the FQ failed.

In past years (and given Katrina, this year may be very different), there was lots more Priceline success in the adjacent CC and CBD zones. So you may want to consider including those. Note that the CBD Hyatt (which many folks wanted to avoid due to its more remote location), is closed and won't reopen until late Dec 2006.

In general, I think many folks are waiting for final confirmation from the Fest folks on dates and location before committing to something as non-refundable as a Priceline room. That announcement had been expected in December but never came. Latest rumors I've heard are that a decision will be made today and an announcement presumably in the next week. Expect a flurry of activity once that occurs, both Priceline and direct bookings. I'd suggest making sure you have a cancellable backup ASAP. There's still a shortage of rooms in the city, and if the Fest goes on as before, and if some of the rumored big name performers are confirmed, it could be the tightest Fest hotel market since 2001.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]