Priceline Hotel: Help ID a 4 Star - Playa Del Carmen

Kathy D
By Kathy D,
in

I am looking for an all inclusive hotel in Playa Del Carmen and found this, can anyone help ID?

Is the Riu Palace Mexico the only 4 star hotel in Playa Del Carmen? Could it be that? It just seems so inexpensive to be a Palace Resort.

8/22/15 - 5 nights - 3 rooms

$100.00 per night

Guaranteed Amenities - using your Bidding.helper:

Free Parking

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

All Inclusive

Fitness Center

Is the Riu Palace Mexico the only 4 star hotel in Playa Del Carmen?

There are plenty of other 4* hotels in this area... use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to search 10 miles from Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, then use the filters on the left side to show only 4* rated properties and you will see plenty of other 4 star hotels in this zone.

Unfortunately i don't have any insight into the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, thank you for your help, I will do that.  Just one question before I do that ...... because, I may have mislead you the way I worded my question.

I searched Cancun - but the only zone I looked in and got that offer is was  Riveria Maya - "Playa Del Carmen"

If I search 10 miles, will I get hotels that are not in the specific zone of Playa Del Carmen (like maybe Riveria Maya "North Zone)?

The reason I ask is the only hotel on the hotel list for Riveria Maya - "Playa Del Carmen" is the Riu Palace Mexico.

MAPS and HOTELS.com doesn't show any zone boundaries... after doing the search for the area you're interested in and filtering by star rating, you can zoom in on the map and view the hotels in the area covering the PRICELINE zone (use another browser window with the PRICELINE zone boundaries for comparison if you're not familiar with the area)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Kathy,

I have been doing alot of due diligence as I am looking for a 4-4.5* in playa del carmen/South Akumal-Tulum as well, only for 12/12-12/19. So here is what I discovered in my search. On PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, its probably the RIU Palace or RIU Riviera Maya palace based on better bidding. For my dates it quotes $115 on express deal. For your dates its $99. Lots of nice 4* in the Playa del carmen area. If its not these 2 then you will get something similar, nice no matter what. Im leaning toward the 4.5 star South Akumal-Tulum zone which is probably either the Hard Rock or Dreams Tulum and for my dates it goes for $252 on express deals. For your dates it shows $299. Strange how the price is flopped. but anyway..    Also this South Akumal-Tulum Zone is the only one you can bid on a 4.5* and be guranteed an all-inclusive. So perhaps we could even get it lower by bidding. Please keep us posted if you pull the trigger. Ill do the same. 

Micah

Micah, thank you for your input. I think 99.00/night for a 4 star all inclusive resort is a great deal no matter what resort it is, but I really want one of the Riu Palaces so I'm afraid to 

pull the trigger. Everything I've read leads me to believe the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 99.00 is in fact one of those resorts, but given thereuare's reply below I'm a little hesitant.

Unfortunately i don't have any insight into the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

One minute I think "just do it, 4 star AI for less than 100.00, I'd be dumb not to" - but then I think "what good is saving money if I get a hotel I don't want"

I'm soon confused.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience with 4 star inRiveria Maya - "Playa Del Carmen" with these amenities, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Guaranteed Amenities - using BiddingHelper.com:
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
All Inclusive
Fitness Center

Actually, i think i may have some insight.... Viva Wyndham Azteca Resort - All Inclusive would be my best guess.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help (and please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if you decide to book the Riu thru regular rates.

Thank you thereuare ..... just curious what leads you to believe it's the Viva Wyndham Azteca Resort?

I don't see that listed on any of the travel bidding sites I've looked at. Is it a newly won hotel not on the boards yet - or maybe it has not been listed as a win, but you know it's a potential PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel?

You are so experienced at this, and I appreciate your help (you've helped me before), so please know I'm not questioning your guess, just trying to understand how you got to it so I can understand the process

a bit better. I definitely want one of the Riu's and was certain that offer was one of them, so trying to see if there is a way I should have know otherwise.

Thank you again for all your help.

Kathy  

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but it came up in my research for your stay.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Kathy keep us posted on what you are doing.    thereuare, do you have any idea about the 4.5* hotel South Akumal-tulum area on express deals? I had said it might either be Dreams Tulum or Hardrock in an earlier post. After further investigation Dreams Tulum is only a 4* according to priceline. Other than the Hard Rock what else could it be?

thereuare, do you have any idea about the 4.5* hotel South Akumal-tulum area on express deals?

ELCHEAPO512,

The board would be happy to help you. But please start a new topic for your own stay as this thread will be used to reflect whatever the OP ultimately does for her stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]