Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Sea World - Mission Bay - Shelter Island) Wyndham Garden San Diego

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

This hotel is on your hotwire list as a 2.5* hotel, but hotwire has apparently upgraded it to 3*. I'm a little disappointed, as some reviews have been terrible, but I'll give it a chance. When I booked, amenities listed were:

Free Internet

Pet friendly
Airport shuttle
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

To confirm, there were no 'accessible' amenities associated with this property?

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, once you click through to booking, the following accessibility amenities appear:

Accessibility
Accessible for hearing impaired
Accessible path of travel
In-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom
Accessible parking
Roll-in shower

Also, although I was wary of the hotel, our stay was pretty good. Since we couldn't find anything south of $150/night anywhere else, it was worth paying what we paid. I wouldn't stay here for much more than $90/night, though. 

Pros:

Really friendly and helpful staff, who did not treat us like second-class citizens because we booked on hotwire

Good location (about 10 minutes drive from OB and Gaslamp)

Lots of restaurants within walking distance, including a Phil's BBQ that always had a line around the building, and a DuPars that was excellent

Rooms had been mostly refreshed, and our room was huge

Cons:

The neighborhood was a little sketchy (it was next to a Home Depot that had day laborers hanging out all day and a rescue mission)

The rooms were motel style, with the sink outside of the bathroom

The flimsy curtains did not keep the sun out -- If you are staying here, ask for a room that does not border Kemper

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]