Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Tampa Airport South - Westshore) Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore

bobcook54
By bobcook54,
in

Not happy at all with this one,although I'm sure it's a nice place. I feel deceived since the heading was:

Tampa Airport South - Westshore area all-suites hotel and amenities were:

Airport shuttle   Business center   Fitness center   Free Internet   Free breakfast   Pet friendly   Pool(s)   Smoke-free rooms.

This should have been a match for Embassy Suites,which is listed at 3.5* and the Hyatt Place is a 3*, and I know ratings can change,

BUT,the Hyatt Place is NOT all suites or for that matter,any suites at all. When I took another look after booking,the price for the same listing had jumped to $97.00 plus fees with the same amenities.

Not sure what happened but disappointed.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the outcome of this one... we have updated the Hotwire Hotel List to reflect the new star rating.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

The Hyatt Place is generally considered an all-suite property, as are most properties that have the 3/4 wall separating the living area from the sleeping area (although i know what you were expecting given the Embassy Suites properties have a full wall and door between the two areas). Note that the Embassy Suites has also always been reported to the board with a Restaurant amenity, among others that make it not match those above, which could have been a tip-off that this was something other than what you thought.

Always try to match as many of the clues provided and/or ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase, as often we can confirm (or negate) what you think you may be about to purchase... at the very least a second set of eyes is always beneficial.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks... enjoy your stay and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised and it will exceed your expectations (as a chain, the Hyatt Place tends to get very good reviews)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow-up!

As an FYI, the price jumping to $96 after your purchase may be for a different hotel, as the amenity set for the current offer is:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

(which is different from the amenities in your original post)

Thanks again... have a good trip and hopefully this will ultimately work for your overnite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

babying,

Glad to see you're finding the information on the board helpful.

If you need help with, or to report a win for, and upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]