Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Van Ness/Lombard Corridor-Pacific Heights) La Quinta

brent
By brent,
in

You did not include USE in your post above... is that an acceptable zone? (you should look at Priceline's maps of th area to see where boundaries of each are located, and our own PRICELINE San Francisco MAP should help too)

Also, you should look at our PRICEINE HOTEL LIST for this area... are there any 4* hotels in the zones that you mentioned that you would want to avoid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, you haven't explicityly said so, but i'm assuming that the USE zone is fine for you.

I think that most find the USE and USW zones the 'best' (at least those are the ones bid more frequently), so i will only stick with those for now as i think those will give you the best overall experience:

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones available. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

In looking at your dates i see rates are somewhat higher than usual, so i'm also suggesting a strategy that goes up to $80 to improve your chances a bit... if you don't want to bid that high then stop at $75.

Selelct 4* USE...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selelct 4* USW...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

I'm doubtful the above will be successful, but i would start with the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went up to 80 and it still didn't work!

I just saw on the internet that there is a big convention in town that weekend. Hotwire has a three star for $60. It is the Holiday Inn Golden GAteway I believe. Do you think I should take it?

Do you think the hotels will release rooms later or should I grab the Holiday Inn?

I took the Hotwire deal but they gave me the LaQuinta Inn and Suites!!! They list LaQuinta as a two star on their website but they gave me this place as a three star!! I called them and expressed my displeasure and asked to cancel because they misrepresented the hotel!! They told me that this particular hotel was a three star and basically too bad for you!! I am very upset. Can I get my credit card company to refuse the charges? Plus, this hotel was not on the list of hotels for that area on betterbidding.com!

Is there anything I can do?

PS I tried for a 4 star in Fisherman's warf but that didn't work either. I tried up to 80$. I stayed away from the boutiques because those look very hit and miss.

For starters, please provide the details (star rating, zone, amenities shown before purchase, price paid, etc)of the hotel that you won so that we can add it to our lists. All of this information can still be seen by going to Hotwire and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We'll then address your other questions.

Here is the info! I am very upset. Thanks for your help!

La Quinta Inn and Suites San Francisco Downtown

1050 Van Ness

San Francisco, California 94109

(415) 673-4711

THREE STAR

Check-in: Thu, Mar 2, 2006

Check-out: Sun, Mar 5, 2006

60.00 per night x 3 night(s):$180.00

Taxes and fees: $28.76

Hotel Subtotal $208.76

Van Ness/Lombard Corridor - Pacific Heights

Hotel

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

this hotel was not on the list of hotels for that area on betterbidding.com

This isn't true... this hotel was reported in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST in this zone as a 3* property. The amenities were different as apparently they have changed since previously reported, but this hotel was indeed listed before you made your purchase above. (also note the comments at the top of every hotel list on the board... the lists should not be considered inclusive)

As far as what to do now...

You state above:

They list LaQuinta as a two star on their website....

Who is 'they'... Hotwire or La Quinta? Can you PM me a link ot what you're refering to.

While Hotwire does show this hotel in the 2* category in their example, they also comment:

"Some brands feature hotels in multiple star-rating categories."

At this point you can either:

1) accept the hotel (it doesn't seem too bad... just now what you are looking for)

2) try Hotwire again and try to plead your case to a supervisor (ask them: "So if i bid on 5* and received this hotel you'd simply tell me this is a 5* property and i would have to accept that?")

3) dispute the charges with your credit card company, for which your stay is far enough away that hopefully you will know one way or the other at least a few days before your stay (so you can make other plans)

If you try 2 or 3, i'm not sure what the basis for your dispute would be since Hotwire has 'covered themselves' with the above "some brands feature multiple star categories", but i would probably focus on their grid and state that it's not clear that a La Quinta would ever be 3* (you can state that since it's in the grid at 2* you could accept one being a 2.5* property... but a full jump to 3* is a stretch).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]