Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Hilton Atlanta

The Mrs.
By The Mrs.,
in

So I bid on a hotel downtown Atlanta last week for a Friday check in, overnight stay, and was extremely pleased with the results (which I will post in a minute). I wanted to do it again for a Saturday check in this weekend, but this time I need two rooms. I'm kind of nervous to pull the trigger, because the pricing, based on what I've seen here, is neck and neck with the Sheraton which, based on a coworker's experience, is NOT a good hotel. I got the Westin last week and while it doesn't have to be the Westin, I don't want it to be the Sheraton. I saw that people were winning the Sheraton bidding $65 or less and the Westin at $66 or more, so I bid $66 and got the Westin. Do you think that threshold has changed since last week? Do you think that the check in on Saturday versus Friday may affect what I get, based on what I bid? I was thinking I could possibly change my bid to $70 to increase my chances of NOT getting the Sheraton (I really want the Westin again) but I'm really torn. Any advice?

You have to be willing to accept any potential property at the star rating in the zone picked. There is no way to avoid or decrease the odds of a particular property - if you try to overbid to avoid the Sheraton you could easily end up paying more than you had to to wind up with the Sheraton anyways. Rates and inventory are very date specific so you can't really go off what other people are bidding/getting.

If you want to try to avoid a property, PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire - where you can make an educated guess on which hotels are showing based on the information given - is a much better option. Is this for Saturday only? What would be your desired max budget per room/per night?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

In addition to the above, see this thread: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel

As far as your situation above, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone for $80/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Hilton.

This HOTWIRE offer also shows a 3.5/5.0 TA rating (which is consistent with the Hilton) and below the current TA rating of the Sheraton (4.5/5.0)... so this should safely keep you out of the Sheraton, but with the excellent TA rating i'm not so certain it should be a property you're trying to avoid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the insight. I ended up using the PRICELINE link here and got the Hilton Atlanta for $80. I'm a little disappointed because the reviews on TripAdvisor are hit or miss...mostly miss and it appears that this hotel is a bit off the beaten path as far as downtown hotels go. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to make the most of it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. :-(

Sorry to see that this wasn't one of the hotels you were hoping for, but glad to see you were able successfully avoid the hotel you ddin't want to stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and hope you can make this work well for your needs and ultimately find it to be a good value for the price paid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]