Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown Central) Warwick

Frederml
By Frederml,
in

And when I click on "book now" to try to see moe amenities, it asked for info/credit card which I'm not ready to give so I don't have much more info...

When I checked again a few minutes ago, the price is now at $163/night.

Thanks for any help you have on this...

With 4* hotels in Manhattan at the same price (a few a little higher/a few a little lower) i would recommend staying directly in Manhattan. LIC is a good option when on a budget and Manhattan is significantly more expensive, but when prices are about the same i would opt for location, location, location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you - great advice, but we will be in town for the U.S. Open so I think (hope!) that Long Island City is one of the closest options?

But maybe Manhattan is worth another look... Though if the LIC hotel is Boro, we'd be staying at a new property - at least that's what I'm guessing based on the fact that it's not open yet...

Please keep us updated on what you decide and if you are interested in staying in Manhattan, please let us know the details (zone, amenities, star rating, price) if there a listing of interest within your desired budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

... but we will be in town for the U.S. Open so I think (hope!) that Long Island City is one of the closest options?

If you're heading to the Open each day then Long Island City will get you closest, but anything near the 7 Train (or if in Manhattan the LIRR would be quicker, although slightly more expensive, trip... but is another option for you if you decide to stay in Manhattan).

Basically it comes down to how many times you will be going to the Open and what you plan on doing during your non-Tennis time.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how you decide to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've changed my search from Long Island City to Manhattan and found a 4.5* hotel in Midtown-Central with the following amenities for $216/night:

Accessible: path of travel, parking, bathroom, hearing impaired, visually impaired, roll-in shower

Business Center

Internet

Fitness Center

Self Service Laundry

Roll-in Shower

Restaurant(s)

There is not a resort fee.

Any thoughts on what it could be? 

I'm traveling to Flushing Meadow for the U.S. Open, so having some idea of which hotel it might be would be helpful...

Thanks for your help.  Please let me know if you want me to start a new thread with a new title.

Malou

If you click on the listing, then click "book now", then "see all amenities", do you see:

Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

If so, this would be a possible match for the Warwick.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]