Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID this 4.5 start Mag. Mile/River North area hotel

LSW4
By LSW4,
in

Please help ID this 4.5 start Mag. Mile/River North area hotel

Any idea which hotel this is and if so, would you recommend it? I was initially thinking we'd stay in the water tower area, not river north. Dates are July 16-19, 2 adults, 2 children (11 and 14). 4.5 stars, Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel. 95% recommended. Amenities: free internet, pet friendly, boutique hotel, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, spa services, accessible for visually impaired. 

Thank you!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Are you still seeing this listing when searching? I'm seeing a different 4.5* in this zone when searching for these dates for 2a/2c. 

The Mag Mile N-WT area is simply the top half of the NMA area. The Mag Mile-RN area is more centrally located in the city as a whole and the RN area has a wealth of restaurant options.

I'm very familiar with the city and would be happy to answer any city/hotel questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Ah, now I'm seeing it.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

If you see: 

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--My guess would be the James.

This is a very nice boutique property and an appealing option. The only other option that's compelling in the same range is what appears to be the Hyatt Mag Mile (on St Clair.) However, if a boutique property is of interest, I'd definitely go with the potential James instead. Let us know if the Hyatt is of interest or if you have any city qeustions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the info! I'll try to find it by going through better bidding. In the meantime, how much is the hyatt per night and how would I identify it? I looked up the James and the Hyatt and I like that they Hyatt has two queen beds instead of two doubles, which the James has.

What's your opinion of the Drake and the Palmer House? Do you see those as being options during my range of dates (July 16-19)?

Thank you!

Actually now not seeing the Hyatt, but am seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile N-WT area w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

-- This would be a possible match for the Omni, which has been seen previously with this amenity set. 

The Drake is a classic Chicago property - tremendous example of old world charm. However, I rarely see the potential Drake listing appear when searching for Chicago. The same with the Palmer,  although the thing about the Palmer is that the exceptional architecture is mainly seen in the incredibly grand lobby area, which anyone can peek in and see you don't have to stay there. Unfortunately that property has also been rarely seen on Hot.wire or Price.line in the last couple of years or so.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Still have not booked a room, but ready to do so now. Can you help with the current list of hotels?

I'm seeing: 

4.5 stars for $223. Mag Mile - River North Area. 95% recommend. FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Is this the James? Some reviews said it's not good for families/children. Mine are 11 and 14. How do you think it is for this age range?

4.5 stars for $213. Mag Mile - Water Tower area. 85% recommend.FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Is this the Omni?

4 stars for $218. Mag Mile - Water Tower area. 90% recommend.FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4 stars for $238. Mag Mile - River North Area. 80% recommend.FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

4 Stars for $245. River North area boutique hotel. 95% recommend. FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

4 stars for $236. Mag Mile North - Water Tower area boutique hotel. 90% Recommend.FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3.5 stars for $219. Mag Mile North - Water Tower area. 80% recommend.FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Ok, I'll stop there. Hope that's not too many! So hard to pick. Any help is appreciated!

Please let us know what you are looking for in a hotel for this stay, as well as your maximum budget, and i'm sure we'll be able to pick out the best options for you... it will be quicker and a better use of our resources then researching all of the properties above.

Have you tried to match the amenity set(s) above with the Hotwire Hotel List?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're going to be sight-seeing, would like a good location to get around the city easily. Ideally, we'd like a 4 or 4 1/2 star hotel. Looks like we'll have to spend a little over $200. Would spend up to $230 or so if it was a great hotel. Basically, we'd like the nicest hotel we can get for the best price. 2 adults, 2 kids (11 and 14). Pool would be nice, but not a necessity. 

Thanks!

You may see slightly different prices.

Highlights:

4.5* Mag Mile-WT  $213

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely the Omni

4.5* Mag Mile-RN  $224

-- Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely James

4.5* Loop $236

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Wyndham Grand Riverfront.

I see the W Lakeshore for in the $230's, but would rather suggest the James or less. See the Public for a little under $220, but it's not centrally located and has smaller rooms - in terms of boutique, would rather the James.

Personally, I think the potential Omni's the best choice. Larger rooms, pool and terrific location right on Michigan Ave. The James would be okay for older kids/teens. 

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't make a decision and now there aren't as many choices. It seems our dates are more expensive than other weeks (July 16-19). Is something going on that week?

I think the Omni may still be an option, but can you ID this hotel?

4.5 stars magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel, 95% recommend

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you!

Thank you! Which do you think this one is:

4 1/2 star Mag. Mile North - Water tower area. $227 (37% off)

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Hyatt Mag Mile (on St Clair.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]