Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark - Meadowlands (Secaucus - North Bergen) Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands,

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

This is becoming a habit for me, with 4 Extended Stay America properties in this area (2 in Secaucus - North Bergen zone and 2 in East Rutherford - Meadowlands zone), these 2* hotels have been coming up frequently. All 4 E.S.A.hotels seem to have been refurbished in the last two or three years and are improved. Rooms are still basic, but include a refrigerator, microwave, sink, stovetop, a queen bed, and a recliner. Free wifi and free coffee is available as are packaged muffins and granola bars in the morning. This location is probably my favorite as the NJ Transit Rt. 129 bus to Manhattan stops right in front of the hotel and in the morning it's about a 30 minute trip to the Port Authority, a bargain at $6.40 round trip. The regular rate was $123 plus tax, so I was pleased with my bidding. Rates in Manhattan were just crazy at around $350 plus.

Offer price: $66.00/ 2 nights

Room subtotal: $132.00

Taxes & fees: $30.64

Total: $162.64

There is a shuttle bus that runs between three of the Extended Stay America hotels, during the week the hours of operation are 7:00 AM - 9:00AM. In the evening, the schedule is 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. At :00, the bus departs the Rutherford-Meadowlands, at :15 it departs East Rutherford-Meadowlands, and at :30, it departs Secaucus (1 Meadowlands Parkway). On weekends, the shuttle runs from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. This shuttle will take folks to the Secaucus Junction train station, the Walmart shopping center or to some of the corporate buildings in the area. I've never used the shuttle, but it's an option. I think the cab fare to the Secaucus Junction train station is about $17 or so. Always check with the desk clerk regarding shuttle times as they are subject to change.

Made by bids with the WinAlerts app, a great way to check out rates on Hot.Wire, Hotels.com, and even Price.line Express.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]