Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Evanston - Skokie - Niles) Best Western University Plaza

iowacrowe
By iowacrowe,
in

Been awhile since I was here. I booked this for my son with his info using the HOTWIRE link from this site. I was going to try Priceline, but they have the 21 and over policy which may or may not be enforced, so I did not want to risk it. He is 20, and the hotel does have an 18 and over check-in policy so all is well. He is travelling to the area for job interviews.

Amenities

Fitness center

Free Internet

Free breakfast
Free parking
Self-service laundry

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

I stayed here once before several years ago. Nice area, great pub/grill across the street.

Went to look at this again after I booked. price went up to $117.00.

Thank you again Better Bidding!!!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

From ResortFee.com it looks like this property changes for parking which would contradict the amenity set listing of 'Free Parking' and i'm currently seeing the following amenity set for a 3* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities) when viewing this information using the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of the HOTWIRE home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Parking is $14 a night at this property. Unfortunately, the way Evanston is (a fairly densely built city) all hotels charge for parking. Still, the benefit is that you couldn't be any better located at this hotel - it's an easy walk to the Davis Street Metra and CTA stations, or the Dempster CTA station to the South.

Plus, there's tons of dining and shopping options in downtown Evanston. Where this property is in the city, if you get a South facing room on a higher floor you may have a pretty nice view.

Hope your son enjoys his stay. I'm very familiar with the area and would be happy to offer recommendations, directions, etc.

Amenities corrections for this property.

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Aaron, I had the South facing room when I stayed here several years ago, on one of the higher floors. Clear day, great view of lake and Chicago skyline. We spent some time enjoying a beer or two looking out the window before going to what I think was an Irish Pub right across the street on the corner. Great food.

Thanks again Better Bidding!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]