Priceline Hotel: 3* Savannah (Savannah Airport - North) Hyatt Place Savannah Airport

johnbowling
By johnbowling,
in

Started with your Priceline link.

Total price $134.63.

Hotwire's best price for that night was $137 + taxes and the ever growing fees, so I bid $100.  Noticed a $4 "Hotel" charge (an airport resort hotel?), so I modified my bid to $96.  Rejected w/ offer to rebid for $119, so I knew I was close. It was late so I bid $110  because I was tired of messing with it (two hours due to high prices that night anywhere near Savannah).  Probably could have gotten it for $110-$105.

I ignored the Historic District zone because I'm tired of paying an extra $30 for parking plus a resort charge, typically $20 in this area.  These are not resorts.  Where are the water slide, golf course, beach and mulitple pools?  All in all, a little higher after fees than the Hampton I was looking for in the first place at the mid point in my two day trip, but okay compared to the alternatives.  There's not much else near Savannah without going well off course.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the best case scenario in terms of price, glad to see this will work given the limited options in this area and that you're overall pleased with the outcome. Hyatt Place properties usually get great reviews to this should work out well for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

A day or two after I checked out I noticed that this hotel had put a $19.xx charge on the credit card I gave them at check-in. I checked my memory of free breakfast being included and it was. Called the hotel for an explanation and was told only the hotel manager could see it or do anything about it. I left a msg on their voicemail asking for an explanation with my mobile nbr and days went by with no call. A week later I called back. The desk clerk said she would write a note for the manager and put it under their door right then. Another week with no call or voicemail and the charge was still on my AmEx. I requested a chargeback from AmEx which granted it immediately.

Two months later and still no contact from Hyatt. If you stay here CHECK YOUR "RECENT CHARGES" ON YOUR CARD ONLINE A COUPLE DAYS AFTER YOU LEAVE. I am still mystified and my cell phone still works perfectly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]