Hotwire Hotel: 3* Niagara Falls (West) Americana Conference Resort Spa and Waterpark

singingchefMI
By singingchefMI,
in

Amenities listed were free parking, smoke free rooms, business center, free internet, fitness center, resort, pool, indoor pool, restaurant.

Thought it would be the Peninsula, but this looks comparable & the kids will be excited about the water park. Reviews are pretty good, and the price is definitely right.

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including the accessible) that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS- For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

· click the offer

·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Okay, additional amenities are self serve laundry, spa, internet access, children's activities, golf nearby, accessible path, in-room accessibility, accessible bath, & accessible parking. I don't remember seeing all of those before I booked, but they are on the entry when I go to "my account"

I did use the link to Hotwire to purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone reported past issues with this hotel? When we checked in they first insisted on charging me for parking, saying they always charge separate parking on Hotwire bookings, and only refunded the charge when I took my printed Hotwire onfirm showing free parking. They also said that the booking I made online did not include access to the water park, even though the booking listed pool and that was their only pool. They wanted to charge me an extra $40 for a day of water park passages. Tried calling Hotwire and explained that I would have booked elsewhere had I known access to the pool was not included, since it was listed in the amenities. They contacted the hotel & came back on the line to say the hotel would not budge on their policy, since the amenity listed did not specifically say free pool or water park.

I've never had anything like this happen before. We were pretty disappointed.

Thanx for the follow-up!

I don't remember seeing all of those before I booked

You can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:
1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button
OR
2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

· click the offer
·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the additional fee's. It's hard to say if the clerk didn't know about the free parking in the HOTWIRE listing or not. But good to see that you didn't have to pay for it :)

Regarding the water park. The hotel charge a fee for the water park regardless how this hotel is booked. I understand your frustration and how you think when HOTWIRE list Pool as an amenity but there is nothing that says it's free. It's like when HOTWIRE list "Airport Shuttle", don't take for granted that it's free. It's a service and sometimes you have to pay for it. 

We hope you had a nice stay even if this caused you some trouble. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]