Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Downtown) Millennium Biltmore Hotel

m0j0
By m0j0,
in

Hi,

I am trying to book a hotel room for my honeymoon in July. I've been trying to bid under $200 but no real success in the 4* range in any of these areas. Is it even possible? Would trying to bid closer to the week of the best time for this?

We are looking for 7/13/2015 - 7/17/2015

To be honest, we are not picky about which specific hotel we end up at as long as it is somewhat "swanky" - it would be a nice treat for us.

Thanks

Max I went was $148...granted I didn't really want to pay more than $150 USD as it converts to quite a bit in CAD. 

I think judging from what people are winning, I need to change up my strategy and I have even tried to get 3*/3.5* at around $115 a night with those same areas.

Any advice from the gurus? =) 

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay. It all depends upon how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.

Currently it think you would need to bid a little higher to be successful... HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel for $175/nite, or the well reviewed Loews Hollywood Hotel for $189/nite, should either of these be of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You would likely need to be in the $120-$140 area to be successful for a 3* or 3.5* hotel.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for that,

i'd be pretty happy for 120 a night...that seems reasonable but my concern I guess would be parking as well since most of those areas do Valet? Any tips on parking there if I win? I think I will try and bid at 120 and see if I get anything...will post results!

To add to the above, you will need to pay for parking regardless of how you book.

In many cities you can often find cheaper parking at a private garage separate from the hotel, but this strategy usually works best in areas where mass transit is convenient and heavily used... in Los Angeles you may find yourself driving to different locations throughout the day and in/out privileges will be more important than a separate location where you would leave the car for the duration of your stay.

If you confirm your maximum bid (it may take closer to $140 than $120, but we would of course star lower and work our way higher) and the star rating you want to try for first, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

You can try a 3* up to $120, but if this is rejected i would then look at a 3.5* up to $140 (as you note, it is your moneymoon. ;)

When bidding 3* in Los Angeles you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* BH and Hollywood...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* DT and WH...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* BH and DT...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Hollywood and WH...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* BH and WH...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Hollywood and DT...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3* BH, Hollywood, DT...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* BH, Hollywood, WH...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* BH, Hollywood, DT, WH...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thanks for listing all of those combos out...

sadly, I struck out... 120 seems to be still too little

they did however counter with suggesting that I re-bid without changing any of the settings for 157.....

The only reason why I am not upping it to 3.5* is because I plan on staying for 6 nights...

So where do I go from here?

Your original goal was a 4* for $150, so i think a 3.5* for $140 (or less) is inline with your original expectations (as well as a step up for not too much more money than your recently failed 3* for $120 bids).

If you're not willing to increase your maximum bid or further lower your star rating, your only option is to wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead... with the risk that rates move even higher from here.

If you choose to wait i'd suggest finding a suitable back-up using RefundableRates.com (to protect yourself from rates moving higher) and then use our free RateDrop service to help monitor rates for these dates at the star rating and zone(s) you're interested in so that if rates should drop, you'll know about it as soon as possible.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Ok - i've consulted the wife to be...and she is at the point of going for 140 a night (OR LESS ;)) would be great in those areas as she doesn't want to stress over this.

Anyway you can draw up another strategy for us for $140 at 3.5*

I would really appreciate it...again you guys are great!

When bidding 3.5* in Los Angeles you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Hollywood and DT...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3.5* BH and WH...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3.5* BH, Hollywood, DT...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* BH, Hollywood, WH...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* BH, Hollywood, DT, WH...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

All set for my honeymoon!

We are very thankful for all the help from the Betterbidding.com Guru's who reply SO quickly on this board.

These guys/gals are great! 

Will let you know how this hotel is - looking forward to using the fitness center...heres to hoping its free Wifi!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]