IN Indianapolis Adams Mark Indianapolis Airport

Welldone Rumproast
By Welldone Rumproast,
in

To see the bid information for this stay, please click *HERE*

Hotel Location and Property

The hotel is located across the freeway from the entrance to the IND passenger terminal. The six-story building looks to be about maybe 20 years old, but is in reasonably good shape.

Airport Access and Parking

Free shuttle service is provided. Use the free phones in the baggage claim area to summon the shuttle van. There ia plenty of free parking if you have a rental car.

Check-In and Check-Out

A few days before the stay, I called the front desk to ask about the high-speed access. They said that it was free :o :) but that it was only in a few rooms :) I asked the clerk to make a notation asking for one of the wired rooms if available, which she did.

The check-in process was very friendly and the request for a wired room was noted and granted (the hotel seemed fairly empty). She noted that the PL reservarion was for two doubles, and I didn't bother asking for a king as the high-speed was more important. However, when I got to the room, I couldn't connect. I ended up helping their maintenance man test the cnnectivity in another room(which also didn;t work). I let the desk know, and we both called the toll-free number for their service provider, who finally got the problem diagnosed and solved in about 45 mins. Just in time to watch the Bucs spank the Iggles :)

Room

A standard-sized room with the mentioned two beds (reasonably comfortable), a desk, and a table with two small chairs. The dreaded flourescent lights were in use, and the one at the deslk was burned out (I swapped it for the unused one in the bed lamp). One problem was that there were no free outlts at the desk - my laptop power supply barely reached a wall outlet behind the dresser. Large-screen TV on the dresser with good channel selection (including History, one of my favorties when ESPN has yet another repeat of SportsCenter). A coffeemaker was also provided, with iron and board hanging in the closet.

Standard bathroom (tub-shower) with a curtain that was clean but which needed replacing as the hook holes were about to fall apart. When I saw the shower head, I thought it was one of those flow-restrictor types, but the pressure turned to be just fine (no massage adjustments though). Plenty of towels, and Garden Botanicka toiletries were supplied.

Restaurant and Area Options

The restaurant is called Appleby's (not part of the Appelbes chain) - standard coffee shop fare. Breakfast was about USD 8-10. There is also a sports bar. The adjacent is mostly commercial (other chain hotels) so other dining options would probably require a car (or going back to the IND passenger terminal - BAA (British Airports Athority) runs the Indy airport and they provide some decent food options - there's also a McDonalds and a (non-wired) Starbucks in the terminal (all landside, before security).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]