dantheman11
By dantheman11,
in

Please help me ID The below hotel:

4 Stars - Downtown Toronto West 

6/30/2015 - 7/4/2014 

1 Room - 2 adults, 2 kids

$99/night

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Also, I'm interested in other 3 stars hotels.  Can I combine that with this post or I have to create new post for the 3 stars hotel?

Thanks,

Please post the other hotel(s) in a reply to this thread and we will have a look at each with one search on our end.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 ½ Stars Downtown Toronto East - $93/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3 Stars Downtown Toronto East - $93/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

3 Stars - Downtown Toronto North – Yorkville - $97/Night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks,

Best guess/comments for each:

4 Stars - Downtown Toronto West

--> Sheraton Centre Toronto

3.5 Stars Downtown Toronto East - $93/Night

--> Eaton Chelsea Toronto

3 Stars Downtown Toronto East - $93/Night

--> Ramada Plaza

3 Stars - Downtown Toronto North – Yorkville - $97/Night

--> Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto or the Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre (with the Holiday Inn being the more likely of the two, imo)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I need some suggestion as I'm torn between Sheraton Centre Toronto and Eaton Chelsea Toronto.  In addition to six dollars more per day, the Sheraton charge $16/day for Wi-Fi and $50/parking per day while the Eaton Chelsea Toronto has free Wi-Fi and $30/parking per day while.  So all together, the Sheraton is $42 more per day.  Is the Sheraton $42 better than the Eaton Chelsea?  If anyone has been to both places, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

I have not been to either, but the reviews are fairly comparable. However, assuming you don't need your car during the trip, you can almost always find cheaper parking than the hotel's price at a nearby garage (i'd think $25-$30 is more likely the expected range... plus you may be able to park on the street for free on July 4th), so it's something to consider, but i wouldn't let that factor into your decision too much.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please close this thread with whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Not sure if you have made a decision on the Toronto portion of your trip - but if not this maybe of help.

i have used Hot.wire to get both the Sheraton and the Eaton Chelsea numerous times,  The reviews are better at the Sheraton but our personal experience has been similar in both - we have actually had a slightly less consistent experience at the Sheraton.  

the Sheraton is overall the nicer hotel, but not hugely so.  There is an underground parking lot that is part of City Hall directly across from the hotel, it has an underground walkway that takes you right to the hotel too....this is cheaper than the hotel option.  Some nice things the Sheraton has - underground PATH to the Eaton Centre, nice in bad weather!  The pool is great as it is both an indoor and outdoor pool at the same time.  Downside - it is so large some of the rooms are not updated..hint: when we win the Sheraton I contact them directly and ask to be close to the pool area as i am travelling with children, this usually puts you in a nicer room.  As with all hotels the in house dining is expensive...and not particularly good, but there is lots of dining around the hotel.  we usually park our vehicle and walk or use public transit when we stay in a city - the Sheraton has a TTC stop at its door and is a short walk to yonge street for the subway.

The Eaton Chelsea also has some rooms that are in the process of being updated as it is a larger hotel too, but we have always been lucky enough to have a nice room.  The hotel is really geared to families and while the pool is small it has a great slide that the kids love.  It also has a kids play room and an area for teens.  I like the restaurant offering a little better than the Sheraton too, it is a market style with different stations - a pizza kitchen, a sandwich area, a hot food station and a really nice salad bar (still hotel prices though - just with kids it is nice to choose just what they want) It also has a Starbucks in the market area.  The hotel also has a pub and a bar - the pub has a lively atmosphere and the bar is a really nice quiet place to have a drink and conversation with friends.  The hotel is only a few blocks north of Dundas Square (and the Eaton Ctr) where there is always something fun going on! Our biggest negative at the Chelsea has been the elevators - sometimes a longer wait, especially if you arrive at the same time as a large travel group (45 students from France!). 

If i am choosing between the two, i look at what we plan on doing and where, they are often comparable in price - but at $42 savings per night, and travelling with kids I would lean towards the Eaton Chelsea.

as an aside - relying on street parking in Toronto, especially in July in the downtown core is risky :-)

have a great trip

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision... hope it was nothing serious and all is OK.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]