Hotwire Hotel: Please Help ID Two Hotels

n2ny
By n2ny,
in

Burlington - Woburn - Lexington

June 6, 2015 to June 7, 2015 | 1 room, 1 night, 2 adults, 0 children

$134/4* : FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$146/3*: FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Best guess for the 4* would be the Doubletree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen... i'm not sure for the 3* but the Homewood Boston / Billerica or the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Boston North-Woburn would be two possibilities among the likely candidates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One more please?

Burlington - Woburn - Lexington

June 6, 2015 to June 7, 2015 | 1 room, 1 nights, 2 adults, 0 children

$64/3.5*: FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks again so much!

After two days of the most horrific experiences trying to book with Hotwire, I give up. Their mobile app crashes, their website repeatedly posts deals that evidently do not exist, and their customer service is ineffectual. Just not worth the time and frustration. 

Thanks for your help. If I ever decide to book through Hotwire again, I will use your links. 

I'm pretty burned out now and really frustrated with Hotwire. My biggest grip is that, for three days running, they've been offering the 3.5 star hotel I mention above but when I try to buy it, it says the hotel is no longer available. And they keep putting it up as available every day.And every day this happens. Now, they've jacked up the price $50. Really poor business practices.

Unfortunately, if you're getting that message, it's no longer available. Someone else couldn't purchase the listing, either - I'm getting the same message when clicking on that listing. Sometimes Hot.wire listings out of inventory do take a little longer than usual to be removed. I'd look for other options (PRICELINE EXPRESS, possibly) as there's no guarantee if this listing will be brought back.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

FYI, a day of completely unresponsive emails and after more than 40 minutes on the phone with Hot.wire this evening, they are claiming that the problems are due to a "glitch" in their communication with the hotel in question and they are trying to fix it. They have the absolutely worst customer service of any organization I have ever encountered.

As i've mentioned before, HOTWIRE is usually 'pretty good' at handling common customer service issues that arise often (ie- a hotel doesn't have an amenity listed), but when things out of the ordinary take place, it can be challenging to get somebody to either understand the problem and/or have the authority to take corrective action.

In the situation above it sounds like a technology issue which unfortunately is beyond the ability of what any customer service agent is able to correct (at HOTWIRE or any online booking agency)... all they can do is pass it along to the right department and it goes into the queue to be reviewed.

Have you already purchased something else for this stay? Anything of interest offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I recently came across this scenario, which puzzled me: 

Typically,you select the area and star level on Name Your Own Price, and next to where you place your bid, Price.line posts the average nightly rate as a comparison. What does it mean when they have no average nightly price listed there?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]