Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Hyatt Times Square

bestenborstel
By bestenborstel,
in

Dear BetterBidding,

I am looking for two rooms from 29.5/30.5 in NYC, LIC, Brooklyn. We are four person and we could all sleep in double beds.

For the moment I searched only in Manhattan via Hotwire.

Free internet is a must, free breakfast would be super because we are traveling with two seniors. But if this prevents a good deal we would find another source for breakfast.

I found via your tool Hotwire Easy View:

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen

3*

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Business center, Internet access

150$

ESB

3*

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Restaurant(s), Internet access

153$

Financial District - Wall Street.

3*

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

139$

Edit: My guess Holiday Inn Express Wall Street?

The list of those hotels not including free breakfast are:

MSG - HK

3.5* 

147$

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

ESB

4*

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

159$

ESB

3.5*

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, Roll-in shower

147$

I think this reflects pretty much our budget and our interest. Thank you for helping me.

Do you think it would be better to wait for a better deal?

PS: Does the TA rating still exists on HW? Have not seen it for a while.

I'm seeing offers that seem more attractive than those above...

For example, i see a 4* hotel in the MTC zone for $131/nite... even if the hotel charged $15/day for internet, why exclude this as an option as it would be cheaper than some of the 3.5* and 4* hotels above where internet is included.

As well, unless you need internet for work or long sessions the computer (ie- you need internet for 10-15 minutes a few times a day to check email and build an itinerary for the following day) you can usually get free internet fairly easily throughout NYC... Starbucks, McDonald's and a host of others offer free internet... there is even free internet outdoors in the Times Square area.

Same goes for breakfast... while not free, there are carts on many corners in the morning selling a donut or bagel (although if you're a bagel aficionado you may not think the bagels are very good) and coffee for $1.00-$1.50. As well, most corner delis that have a grill will sell a hot breakfast platter (2eggs/bacon/hash browns) for ~$3, an egg sandwich for a couple of bucks, a bagel shop has a bagel with butter and coffee for $3, etc, etc... there are plenty of ways to do breakfast cheaply in Manhattan, so better to pay $10 less for a good hotel that doesn't offer breakfast than pay $10 more because a hotel offers a free breakfast. Just like a great bakery in Paris, you might think of the local NYC bagel shop where you had hot bagels breakfast each morning during your trip... but you'll likely soon forget the same hotel breakfast that was served each morning. ;)

What is it exactly that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip? What is your maximum budget per nite? (before taxes/fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear thereuare,

Thank you for your reply and your feedback. 

No, we don't rely that much on internet in this night.  Regarding the bagel, did you not recommend here eat a bagel or a restaurant with this name? I would be interested in a good bagel.

I spoke with the other party members and they agreed to go out for breakfast, I have two seniors with me. If you have good recommendations for breakfast around the final hotel win, I am happy to listen to you. 

Regarding the hotel, we are looking for a 3* minimum, I would say. It should be clean and no bed bugs :)

Regarding our budget before tax etc, we aim for 130-140 $, if cheaper at the same star rate, even better.

Regarding the location, we stayed twice in Hell's kitchen and we liked it. Something around there would be nice but it is not a must.

Thank you.

We can figure out bagel shops and breakfast locations once we know where you're staying, as suggestions may be dependent upon what is nearby your hotel.

At the moment i'm seeing a 4* in MTC for just $96/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... best guess would be the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. Not my favorite hotel in the city, but at this price an excellent value for this time of year.

I'm also seeing a 3.5* in the MTC zone which i'm guessing might be the Hotel Mela for $125/nite as an alternate option.

Would either of these work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear Thereuare,

my deadline for booking should be finished by tomorrow around noon.

I think both hotels would be an option, but there is no need to be too close to Times Square in case this is why you suggested those hotels. Would you mind if we could check out some other offers, please?

Why is the Sheraton not your favorite?

After all, it would be just for one night to sleep. So it should be cleand and with own bathroom.

Edit: Just checked the webpage of Mela for the date, no room available offcially. Coudl it be the mela?

I just found the Holiday Inn MSG for 139$ via the hotel webpage and the Distrikt for 143$. Bad deals?

My suggestion above was based upon value.

For me (for example) i would prefer a 3* hotel at $100 than a 5* hotel at $500 as the 3 star is a better value, imo... but it's not only about actual cost, as i'd sooner pay $150/nite for a 5* hotel than $125 for a 4 star, as the 5* is a better value and likely worth the extra $25/nite.

My suggestion for the 4* above was not based upon trying to be close to Times Square, it's was based upon a 4* hotel during high-season in NYC being priced under $100/nite... the fact that it is well located and would be a convenient location is just a bonus.

There is nothing 'wrong' with the Sheraton, it's just a large business hotel, so not too much personality, but it does the trick, and again, and sub-$100 is a great deal for these dates, imo. And as you point out, it's a one nite stay, so you likely won't be in the hotel for that long nor need many services from the hotel, so better to have something nice and acceptable for the least price... i think the Sheraton fits the bill and there is not any need to pay more, but if you want to i'm also seeing what looks like the Warwick for $135/nite or the Hyatt Times Square for $120/nite.

If none of the above are of interest, let us know what you are looking for in a hotel that the above don't have, and your maximum budget (per room before fees/taxes), and we will make some other suggestions.

Dear Thereuare,

thank you for the quick reply.

You were right with points.

I think I would be interested in the 98$ night in the Sheraton or would give it a go for the Hyatt Times Square. Could you help me to find this one.

I see with your BiddingHelper.com currently

Times Square - Theater District

4.5*

124$

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Internet access

Is this the Hyatt?

Thank you.

Hi Thereuare,

thank you. You were absolutely right. We "won" the Hyatt Times Square with Free Internet, Internet access for 124$ per night, HOTWIRE link of yours was used.

I hope it is a nice one. Do you know how I could ask for a room higher up, please?

Could you give insights for breakfast (bagel etc?) around the hotel, please?

I do appreciate your help.

The Hyatt is newer than the Sheraton so we thought to give it a try.

For a breakfast bagel i would recommend this place:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Seventh and Eighth Ave)

I can't comment on their coffee, but they currently have one of the best bagels in the city, imo.

It's about 10 blocks from your hotel (10 minute walk). If you're unable to get a seat at the shop (they have very limited seating about 3-4 tables and 4 counter stools by the window), or if the seniors can't make the trip, i would send one/two people to the bagel shop and then meet the seniors on the bleachers behinds the TKTS booth to have an outdoor breakfast with a view you can't get anywhere else in the world.

If the seniors decide to make the trip with you and there are no seats (and you don't want them to walk back to Times Square) you could walk to Sixth Ave and try to get any of the tables on the street in front of Macy's and enjoy your breakfast there.

The order system there is not very clear, but if you want to look like a local rather than ask somebody... when you enter there is usually a line against the wall on the right side. You wait on that line until you get to the back of the store to place your order. The man/woman gives you a receipt which you then proceed to the register near the front of the store to pay (usually just following the line you've been waiting in). You then wait for them to call the number on your receipt.

Let me know if you have any other city questions i can assist with.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Have a great time in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]