Please help with one way rental - Austin to Fort Worth (Texas)

Walkerio
By Walkerio,
in

Hello! I need the car tomorrow (5/7) sometimes in the later morning hours. I'd like to have it at least until Saturday morning and to drop it off in either Fort Worth, Granbury, or Weatherford. I am new to this whole deal thing and I'm having a lot of trouble getting a good deal on this one way rental car period. I see quite a few good deals for staying within the city but they all spike up when I enter the drop off location(s). Mileage limits shouldn't be a problem if the deal is good enough but unlimited is preferred. Are one way rental car deals just not that great? Last time I rented a car was in Tucson from Sun-Mon and I remember it was only like $10 a day! Everything I've found for this trip is much higher than that.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to participating on this forum now that I've finally found it.

Austin 5/7 10AM (airport pickup is OK)

to

Fort Worth (or Granbury, Weatherford) 5/9 10AM

OK driving it all weekend if the deal is better.

The car rental checker link doesn't work properly for me. When I enter in my info it always reverts the dropoff location to the same thing as my pickup location. The lowest price I could find was $132 including fees/tax for a compact car from Budget 5/7 to 5/9 10AM Austin to Fort Worth. I believe the economy was a dollar or two cheaper.

The car rental checker link doesn't work properly for me. When I enter in my info it always reverts the dropoff location to the same thing as my pickup location.

Sorry, my mistake.

Boards Admin will assist you with your question later.

Yellowdog.

Are one way rental car deals just not that great? Last time I rented a car was in Tucson from Sun-Mon and I remember it was only like $10 a day! Everything I've found for this trip is much higher than that.

Few points to make...

You can't compare a car rental price in one city to a renal price in another city (and for different dates)... a 4* hotel in (name any city) may be less than $100/nite but in NYC/Chicago it could easily be $300+.

As well, your last rental was for a Sunday which is the slowest day of the week for most travel companies/services... tourists have gone home and business travelers have not yet arrived, so there is an excess of supply and a lack of demand, so prices plummet.

The car rental checker link doesn't work properly for me. When I enter in my info it always reverts the dropoff location to the same thing as my pickup location.

If you look within each tab you'll see the results are correct (at least they are when i replicated your search), but you're correct that the drop-off location reverts to the pick-up location in the form... we will get this fixed and thanks for letting us know.

As far as your itinerary above, PRICELINE bidding is only available for one-way rentals thru a very limited number of cities, and unfortunately the city pair above does not offer bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I held off and waited on a response from a car transfer service which has a car going from Austin to Dallas with 2 free days and any additional days were only $36. Someone else was chosen for the car though. There is another car available for a similar price but it's not available for pickup until May 12th. I really like the idea of that service and wish it had gone through. I'm going to pick up a car this evening but it still seems like Budget is the best way to go with the promo code I mentioned earlier.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]