Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Wailea - Makena) Makena Beach and Golf Resort

BDV
By BDV,
in

I'm looking to book 5/6-5/8 in the Wailea area of Maui.  Currently, the better bidding Hotwire hotel list includes only the Makena Beach Resort as a 4 star option.

A Hotwire search today for the Wailea-Makena area showed three 4 star options, at $183 (likely Makena Beach Resort), $371 (?), and $395 (boutique hotel).

Ideally, I'd like to stay in the Wailea area at less than $300/night.  Makena Beach and/or Grand Wailea are not my first choices.

Any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks.

If you would like us to try to ID a listing, please provide the star rating, price per night in USD$ (before taxes/fees), the zone name, as well as the full list of amenities (including any accessible amenities.)

You may need to click on the listing, click "book now" then "see all amenities" to see the complete list.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please ID these two listings, both Maui Wailea-Makena area:

4 stars.  $395/night.  Free Internet.  Amenities: Boutique hotel,  Fitness center, Business center, Spa services

4.5 stars. $371/night. 90% recommended. Free internet, resort, beachfront hotel, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, self-service laundry.

Thanks!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Are you willing to pay ~$400/nite for a hotel this trip? Why not the other 4* hotel offered at $187/nite (with an impressive 4.5/5.0 TA rating and 95% recommendation from previous guests)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I initially was resistant to the four star you described because I knew it was the Makena Beach and wanted a hotel with a better pool area.  Eventually, though, I decided the great price was worth it.

After doing some math, I found that the total price (including taxes/fees) using Hot.wire would have been ~$450, or $435 using Priceline.Express.  After an unsuccessful $150 and $160 bid, I won a Price.line bid of $170, which comes to a grand total of $403.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]