Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) MileNorth Hotel

nwkuo
By nwkuo,
in

Best guess for the one above would be the Hotel Felix Chicago... although The Drake and The Milenorth can't be ruled out and secondary possibilities.

These dates are during the NRA Restaurant Show convention which is one of the largest of the year in Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- ... and please follow-up your previous Hotwire Bloomington thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There's a 2.5* in the Lincoln Park area for $140 on Hot.wire (you may see a slightly different price) w/Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible. 

-- This would be a possible match for the Days Inn Lincoln Park.

Pros: about half the price of a 4* downtown, great neighborhood, lots of restaurants and the zoo nearby. Breakfast.

Cons: not a 4*. Moderate trek from downtown.

You could stay outside the city for quite a bit cheaper, but then it becomes a trek into downtown each day.

I'm guessing you are driving in and not flying?

As noted above this is one of the biggest conventions of the year in Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Dear Aaron,

Thank you so much for your valuable info and suggestion!

Yes, I will drive to Chicago from Champaign-Urbana on May 18 and will stay there for 2 nights. It sounds that Lincoln Park area is a good choice. Is  there any 4* hotel in Lincoln Park area and is showed on Hotwire or Priceline between May 18 and May 20? 

Godfrey Hotel Chicago and Hotel Felix Chicago are acceptable hotels for me. Drake is too outdated. I have stayed there 6 years ago.

Thank you again for your guidance and suggestions! I will certainly follow the link on your website!

Dear Sir,

Between May 18 and 20, I also saw some hotels needed your help to identify.

Priceline

4* hotel in Lincoln Park area on Priceline which showed: Best deal, Pet allowed, Restaurant, Free Internrt, Business Center, Guest Review Score 8.0 or higher

Thanks!

. .

The Lincoln Park 4* on PRICELINE EXPRESS is $328 (you may see a slightly different price). Lincoln Park is a very nice neighborhood - again, lots of local restaurants and shops, plus the Zoo and other sights. However, part of the reason why I'd suggested the Days Inn was because it was a cheaper (and pretty well-reviewed) alternative on dates when things are crazy downtown. If you are going to push over $300, then I'd just stay downtown, which is more convenient and if you wanted to explore Lincoln Park, it's quite easy to get there on the "L".

The 4* in Lincoln Park has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess it's most likely the Hotel Lincoln.

If you want to go towards the $300 level, I'd rather suggest a 4* on HOTWIRE in the Mag Mile N-WT area for $287, w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- The MileNorth has been seen with this amenity set previously. This is a well-reviewed former Affinia (there are a number of popular Affinia properties in NYC) location, right off Michigan Ave.

=====

If you didn't mind switching hotels, if you search for 5/18-19 only, there's a 4.5* on HOTWIRE in the Mag Mile N-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet. 

--- This is likely the Ivy, which is a very small boutique property with only a few rooms per floor, so more personalized service.

Then if you search for 5/19-20, there's a 4* in the Mag Mile N-WT area for $179 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

-- This is likely the MileNorth.

So, would have to switch hotels, but a per night average of $245 versus $287 per night if you were to book the MileNorth for both nights.

The second night of this stay is cheaper by a moderate amount because I believe the convention ends the 19th. There are other potential combinations if you want to go this route.

======

Usually, I'd suggest the suburbs (cheaper hotels, free parking, very nice areas), but the suburbs are more expensive than they usually are for these nights likely because traffic from downtown has spilled over into outlying areas for that expensive first night. You have to get further out of the city before rates start looking less expensive.

I do see what appears to be the Westin Yorktown Lombard Center for $106 on HOTWIRE for 5/18-20. You'd then have to drive about 4 miles to the nearest Metra train station. The Metra trains are very nice two-level trains with comfortable seats and bathrooms. They are a nicer ride than the CTA trains downtown.

If you stayed here, you could drive to the Lombard Metra Station, then it is about a 35-45 (+/- a few) minute train ride into the city, closer to 30 if you were on a PRICELINE EXPRESS during rush hour.  The trains do stop around Midnight.

If you did this, hotel cost would be less than half and it would save on parking, but it becomes would the trek into the city each day and back be worth the savings.

I often recommend staying in the North burbs, but if you are coming up from the South, it would make much more sense to stay South.

Let me know if you have any questions about the above before booking, or if you are interested in the suburban option above and I'd be happy to point out which listing is which.

Dear Aaron,

I greatly appreciate your valuable info. It seems that you are a Chicago expert.

I tried to search availability of room and price on the official websites of the MileNorth and the Days Inn i Lincoln Park.However, they are all sold out from May 18 (check in) and May 20 (check out). I am wondering why they are available on Hotwire? Or they would be different hotels than the MileNorth and Days Inn? I will certainly use the PRICE.LINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my travel purchases once I have decided.

Thank you so much!

Naiwen from Taipei Taiwan

Dear Aaron,

I also saw a 4* hotel on Hotwire in MMA-RN from May 18 to 20 with price of $282,  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

What would be this hotel?

Best,

Naiwen

The MileNorth has been see with that amenity set before, so that would be my guess. Additionally, if you click on the potential MileNorth listing on HOTWIRE, then scroll down on the detail page, it notes an APPROXIMATE fee of $4.95 per night. That would further point towards this being the MileNorth, which is the only hotel I'm aware of in the city with such a fee (the exact fee is $6.95.)

The Days Inn has not been reported to the board with that amenity set previously, but given the information, my guess is that this may be the Days Inn with a new amenity set.

It is not unheard of for a hotel to show as sold out on the hotel website and the discount services still have inventory. It's happened to me on more than one occasion and the situation gets reported to the board by users here-and-there.

Dear Aaron,

I also saw a 4* hotel on Hotwire in MMA-RN from May 18 to 20 with price of $282,  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

What would be this hotel?

Best,

Naiwen

Best guess would be Hotel Felix.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up your previous Orange County Hotwire and the Bloomington Hotwire thread with whatever you chose to do for each stay. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

I followed the Hotwire link and the result is the Mile North at a price of USD$287/nt.
Although it is expensive, however, at such a hot season, it is acceptable.
I feel the $48/nt parking is very expensive. Can I find some cheaper parking nearby. Thank you!

PS. Please follow-up your previous Orange County Hotwire and the Bloomington Hotwire thread with whatever you chose to do for each stay. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Excellent choice with the MileNorth.

I would be happy to help in regards to parking, but please first provide a follow-up for your two prior threads, thanks.

Unfortunately, $48 is actually kind of on the low side for hotel parking in the city. Some hotels are as high as $70+.per night for parking.

There are a number of garages in the area, although they are likely going to be not that much cheaper, or more expensive. Water Tower and 900 N Michigan Ave. shopping parking lots are $45/50 for 24 hours.

Navy Pier is cheaper. Would be a moderate walk from there to the MileNorth, but a pleasant one. Walk West on Grand from Navy Pier to St Clair, then North on St Clair until St Clair stops. At the point where St Clair stops (St Clair and Superior), the MileNorth is across the street.

"Standard parking rates at Navy Pier (April 1, 2015 – October 31, 2015)

$22 Monday – Thursday
$25 Friday – Sunday

Valid at Navy Pier Garages only, 600 E. Grand Avenue. Published garage rates are valid for a 24-hour period starting from the time stamped on the ticket when the car entered the garage. Cars parked beyond the 24 hours will be subject to additional rates."

https://navypier.com/parking-valet/

Enjoy your stay and let us know if you have any other city questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]