Hotwire Hotel: Any guesses as to what these Seattle Hotels are?

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

I've already checked the lists on this board and Expedia but have not had luck identifying these hotels:

For Seattle/Pike Place Market area:

3 1/2*

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Business

Other than Kimpton Hotels (which are all 4* in Seattle) do you have any idea what hotel (or chain) would be billed as a "Boutique Hotel"?

_______

4*

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business

Customer comments: raves about the wonderful beds/linens

On the four star, the pool icon should narrow things down and I was wondering about the possibility of it being the Sorrento, Westin or Renaissance? Would they use a pool icon even if the hotel only had a hot-tub?

Any ideas? Thanks everyone.

Cheers.

I don't know anything about the Renaissance, but the best beds i've slept in while at a hotel were at the W and the Westin chains. It appears that the W in Seattle doesn't have a pool (that i could see, as well, the W has hi-speed internet which isn't listed as an icon) so my guess would be that the 4* is the Westin, but i'm far from certain and it would just be a guess.

As for the boutique hotel, i would tend to doubt that this is a nationwide chain. I didn't have time to check the amenities but the following are just some hotels i came up wit that may be classified as 3.5* Boutique: Mayflower Park, Claremont, the Warwick, Roosevelt, and the Paramount.

You may want to begin by checking the amenities listed for each of the above hotels at Expedia... that may at least be able to get you started dsqualifying some of the names.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I don't think I'll take the risk on the 3 1/2 star because there are some in your list of guesses I wouldn't want to stay at.

Have you ever seen the W come up on the boards? I've loved staying there in the past, and would again if the price was right. Although, I must say that the Elliott Grand Hyatt is even more plush than the W. I see that (what apears to be) the Hyatt is frequently the 5*, but the prices are really high now (Usually over $200). No one has actually posted this hotel as a win... have you heard about anyone booking it through hotwire (not including the sure-thing packages)?

I'm not sure if you're asking me if i have heard of anyone booking the Elliott Grande or the Hyatt?

Regardless, it's relatively safe to assume that the star ratings and amenities shown in the Vacation Packages are the same as those that appear in the hotel product. There have been a few instances where an icon is temporarily missing from one list or the other, but this is usually quickly corrected by Hotwire. I can only think of one hotel in which the vacation product doesn't match the amenities shown in the hotel product.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the Hyatt. When it first opened it was called the "Elliott Grand Hyatt". Now it might be referred to only as the "Grand Hyatt". What do people have against the name Elliott I ask myelf? :)

Thanks for the info on the icons. For a San Fran purchase (I think you replied to my notes there too) I second-guessed myself with identifying a hotel, thinking hotwire purposely left the 'spa' icon off the listing so it would be more transparent. But alas, it was a completely different hotel than I expected. I will trust your recommendations implicitly in the future!

Thanks again.

I will trust your recommendations implicitly in the future!

Please don't think i suggest you blindly follow my recommendations implicitly... i only give my thoughts and hope that if there is a question it sparks a discussion.

The purpose of this board is to educate and share information. I hope to provide suggestions and good strategies, but i have absolutely no problem with somebody questioning my thought process in order to clarify why i recommended what i did or tweaking the advice somewhat to fit their own needs (but i think it helps everyone if users comment beforehand why they're tweaking the suggested approach... often their reasoning is flawed and we can correct any potential mistakes before they happen)

You just know WAY too much! I had know idea I'd get that level of detailed information here -- thanks!

I wasn't quite sure from your note if you had eventually gotten to stay at the Grand Hyatt or not. I really love it (electronic blinds, heavenly beds, waterfall faucet on the soaker tubs, wall to wall marble (or is it granite?) in the bathrooms, large rooms with contemporary decor) and will always choose it over the Four Seasons, W, or the Hotel Monaco (even though I love Kimpton hotels) especially if the price is right. I haven't had a chance to connect from the room, since I go there for pleasure instead of business but I had read about how technologically advanced the rooms were.

If you get back there, I highly recommend trying their restaurant. Their "Simply American" breakfast (hopefully I got that right) which sounds boring is absolutely the best breakfast I've had anywhere (and I've had some pretty fabulous food). The breakfast is quite often complimentary if you book a AAA rate.

Now I think I need to book a Seattle weekend....

I've already checked the lists on this board and Expedia but have not had luck identifying these hotels:

For Seattle/Pike Place Market area:

3 1/2*

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Business

Other than Kimpton Hotels (which are all 4* in Seattle) do you have any idea what hotel (or chain) would be billed as a "Boutique Hotel"?

I don't know if this has been answered or not (and I missed it), but I think the Edgewater Hotel could be classed as a boutique hotel. I think it comes up on Priceline as a 3*. But it is definitely boutique-ish, and has a restaurant, business center and exercise facilities.

Edgewater Hotel is part of Noble House Hotels.

All the rooms are done in a kind of 'Ralph Lauren log cabin'. The rooms are really quite nice, as long as you don't get a room next to the railway tracks. The water view rooms are the best, and the location is very central.

The Edgewater would be nice if the price was right. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if anyone reports a new hotel for WA. Everything in Seattle seems so expensive these days. I swear that since I discovered this board I am becoming increasingly 'frugal' (a word I've never used before).

http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/ will be listing their special off-season rates (Nov-April) beginning in October. I wonder if this will have any effect on the prices we see on Hotwire as many (if not all) the Hotwire properties participate in the Seattle Super Savers. Are there any relative old-timers on this board who have seen prices shift between the seasons, or is it pretty level throughout the year?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]