Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City Airports (JFK) Radisson Hotel JFK Airport

Aw Lee
By Aw Lee,
in

I'm on a connecting flight so I'm not sure if American Airlines will make me transfer my bags from LGA to JFK.  So far I've thought that after my 1:30 PM arrival at LGA I'll take the NY Airporter or ETS,  to the JFK terminal, then going with AirTran to Federal Circle, then the hotel shuttle. Supposedly that's less than $15, but I'm not sure how many dollars worth of trouble that might be.

I may be wrong, but i'd be surprised if AA will transfer your bags between airports, i don't think that's something that they are set-up to do.

Are you traveling solo? If you are indeed responsible for transferring your own bags, are they manageable on your own via mass transit?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I hope we're just being pessimistic in thinking there's no way they will transfer my bags, but it's one continuous ticket with an 18 hour layover.  Any ideas on the cost of a taxi?  Otherwise I'll use ETS's airport to door service where they'll take me to the hotel for $38.  Anybody know what a taxi would be or what AA's policy is for dealing with bags when going out of a different airport on a one-ticket flight?

I was asking the number of travelers as obviously it effects your taxi costs (on a per person basis) or doubles/triples your shuttle costs (on a total cost basis)

The Port Authority puts a taxi cost from LGA --> JFK at $32-$35. It would be on the meter so a taxi directly to a hotel in this area would be a similar amount, HOWEVER, you could get caught in brutal traffic along this route and sit a taxi while you want the meter continue to run.

I think AA not transferring your bags is being realistic... but i would give them a call/email since the need to carry your own bags may effect your decision on which inter-airport method is the best option.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Today, the day before my travel, I see Hot.wire has 3 stars for $95 and now I wonder if i was in too much of a hurry. Ah well you never know.

The difference of $24 would have nearly covered my taxi. This trip started with frequent flyer miles, but with these extras I should have bought my ticket outright and saved my miles for a better itinerary.

You're likely not comparing apples-to-apples as the 3* HOTWIRE offer may (very likely) be 2.5* rated by PRICELINE.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3* hotel for $131/nite and HOTWIRE is usually not cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS (and certainly not by $40/nite on a $100 hotel)

I assume AA is not transferring your bags between airports?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]