Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Intl. Drive - Convention Center) Allure Resort International Drive near Universal Orlando

ihqazi
By ihqazi,
in

So this bid was for my vacation with my kids last summer to Orlando... the bid itself was normal just worked down from 5* down to 3 * in usual fashion adding all areas around Disney and universal till I got this hotel...

The hotel itself is not bad, definitely not a 3.5 star and barely a 3* in my opinion.

Room subtotal: $220.00
Taxes & fees: $38.88
Total charged today: $258.88
Total charged: $258.88

HOWEVER, I had major problems with this hotel from check in to well after checkout. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IF YOU GET THIS HOTEL! I have used Priceline to book 50+ times over the past 15 years and this was the only bad experience I had and directly due to the hotel.

First when I went to check-in I was told there was no reservation(the hotel was full as another customer was being told who was trying to extend stay). I called priceline and it took 45mins to get this resolved. The rest of the stay was uneventful, except they were really strict about the checkout time not even allowing a 20 minute overstay. So was rushed out and that was not a problem.

However, after getting home I reviewed my credit card statement and while I expected to see the resort fee charge, I saw another 400.52 charge on my card for the room itself from Allure. I called multiple times to the hotel and was transferred to either billing, accounting or manager and always got a voicemail message or just hung upon. I then called my credit card company who suspended the charge as my credit card had a priceline charge stating the hotel name from the time of booking.(I am glad priceline puts the hotel name on its CC charges). Called priceline CS and over the next 2 months get a run around from their India customer service center.  I submitted multiple documents and copies of my credit card invoice and they delayed and refused to help. 

I finally got fed up and just contacted Priceline corporate offices and to their credit in 1 week they admitted the mistake and refunded the original price of the hotel stay. Not at all during this time did the Allure hotel every contact me back. While the indian call center for Priceline was useless, the corporate offices were very helpful. It helped that I had good documentation of the hotels wrongdoing but it was a real hassle to sort out.

Thanks for the report and glad to see you got the billing issue resolved, although after contacting your credit card company i'm surprised you needed to get involved any further.

Hope you enjoyed the family vacation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]