Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Wally11
By Wally11,
in

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Chicago does get more expensive during the late Spring and Lincoln Park is problematic from the standpoint of there's only a few hotels there and they often do get filled up by baseball fans - especially the Best Western near Wrigley.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

You may see slightly different prices than I do, but I'm seeing what appears to be (on HOTWIRE):

The James for $176

La Quinta Loop $126

What may be the Monaco for $176.

Would any of these be of interest? If so, I'd be happy to point out which listing is which.

I'm seeing a Lincoln Park listing for $186 (again, you may see a slightly different price) with breakfast, smoke-free, laundry. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - I'd guess this may be one of the boutiques in LP - the Willows or the Majestic would be possibilities.

That said, in terms of a comparable property with breakfast, I'd much rather stay downtown at the LQ and save 60 bucks. It's so easy to get from downtown to LP via public transit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm seeing a 3.5* Loop w/Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly. You may need to click on the listing, then click "book now", then "see all amenities" on the next page to see the full set.

This property is in the West Loop, which is office-heavy and will be quieter on the weekend/later at night, but it's extremely convenient to the "L" (take that North to LP) and quite a bit cheaper than other downtown options. Newer hotel, gets solid reviews plus free breakfast.

The potential James and Monaco are also great properties, but if you aren't going to be in the hotel a ton/are primarily looking for a place to sleep, the LQ is the cheapest downtown option.

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I'm currently seeing this property offered for $112/nite.. is this the same one/price that you're currently seeing?

These amenities are common for this area (or any city for that matter) but the Central Loop Hotel, Club Quarters Central Loop Chicago, and River Hotel would all be among the likely candidates.

HOWEVER, as PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, and this offer does not show the 'Bed Choice' option, how do you intend to ensure that this will work for your family (which you previously indicated you needed accommodations for 2adults/2children)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not seeing the potential La Quinta mentioned above anymore when searching for 2a/2c for these dates on HOTWIRE and rates look to have moved a bit higher. Still a lot of compelling options, but more along the $175-185+ area.

As noted by thereuare, using PRICELINE EXPRESS if the listing doesn't have bed choice (or bidding) risks getting one bed. If you did take the 3.5* for $112 and it is the River/Club Quarters Wacker or the Loop Hotel/Club Quarters Loop, you are almost certain to get one bed - both of those hotels have small rooms. 

Aaron,

Thanks for the comments regarding our needs for sleeping 4.  On many occassions I have booked with priceline and the hotel has been accomadating, but I understand with small rooms in big city hotels you run a much greater risk of it not working out.

I have booked a cancelable backup.  I am still looking and waiting for rates to drop a bit (HOPEFULLY) as we get closer to the travel dates. 

Thanks for your comments and thoughts!

So that we can compare/contrast when searching, can you confirm the rate/hotel of your back-up? Thanks.

Rates are certainly cheaper on Hot.wire and PRICELINE EXPRESS if you go with two and you certainly may be able to work something out with the hotel, but it becomes how much savings is worth the risk that you can't work out something with the hotel or the hotel tries to upcharge for a room with two beds?

You can also use our free RateDrop.com service to get alerts on price declines for Hot.wire, PRICELINE EXPRESS or regular rate listings.

Also, I'm very familiar with the area and would be happy to answer any city questions.

Ended up leaving kids at home!

Magnificent Mile Water Tower 4.5 $122 2 nights
• Free Internet
• Boutique hotel
• Smoke-free rooms
• Fitness center
• Restaurant(s)
• Business center
• Internet access
• Accessible for visually impaired
• Accessible for hearing impaired
• Accessible path of travel
• In-room accessibility
• Accessible bathroom
• Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]