Priceline Hotel: Bidding help needed for a New York Hotel 04/22 - 04/24 or 25

Sbreuss
By Sbreuss,
in

Hi,

after you helped me find such an amazing hotel deal last time, I am very much hoping on your help again :-).

I need to go to Boston for business, but I am able to spend a short time in New York before.

I will be on my own, so unfortunately the costs of a room will be high for a single person.

It will be a short visit to New York and I will not spend a lot of time in the hotel, so I will not need a lot of amenities.

But I am looking for a safe and clean room, in a 3,5* hotel and upwards.

My arrival date is fixed with Wednesday, April 22. I am either leaving Friday or Saturday April 24 or 25, depending on the costs.

I am very open on all areas in Manhattan, but it should be Manhatten.

Preferred areas would be:

-Midtown West

-MSG

-ESBA

-CPS

A hotely by the Grand Central station would actually be great, as I will be leaving from there.

But I am really also open to the other areas, if it is a great deal.

I am also open to Hotwire and Priceline. Since I am alone, I would prefer knowing which hotel it is and Hotwire, unless I can get a way better deal on Priceline.

The last time we got the W New York for 160$, I would be looking for a deal like that. I know if varies a lot by date though.

Maximum should be around 180$ a night.

Today is a Hotwire Sale going on, so if possible I would love to book right away.

Thanks so much again,

Sabrina

For a 2 nite stay you are likely looking in the $160-$180 area depending upon the zone(s) you choose... for a 3 nite stay your cost per nite goes down slightly and you're likely looking in the $150-$175 range.

Let us know how this works with your budget in determining your length of stay and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's start with your preferred zones of MTW, MSG, ESB, and CPS... if that is rejected we'll pursue further.

ONE NOTE is that in the CPS zone, the Hudson Hotel is a possible outcome. This property is well located, but has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards). Given this is a solo trip i assume this would be an acceptable outcome? If so, i would bid as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG...

Select 3.5* ESB...

Select 3.5* CPS...

Select 3.5* MTW and MSG...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* ESB and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW and ESB...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG and CPS...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW and CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG and ESB...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW, MSG, ESB...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW, MSG, CPS...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW, MSG, ESB, CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your feedback, when I looked up train tickets I saw that but It is really helpful to have that confirmed!

I went through the bidding process, but unfortunatley wasnt succesful.

Could you please help me with the next steps?

I would rather extend the zones than increasing the budget.

Thanks again so much!

How about an extra $4 per nite for a 3.5*/4* hotel with good reviews?

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates there is a 3.5* hotel in the MSG-Hells Kitchen zone for $184/nite with:

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess here would be the Yotel Times Square (which is 4* rated by priceline). As well, this property also shows a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, which is excellent.

Assuming we are correct on this property, it's a 2 avenue walk (about 4-5 blocks) to the subway at the Port Authority... does this work for your needs? (as i'm not sure how much expanding your zones is going to help... you would more likely need to lower your star rating to 3*, imo)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

The Yotel looks good, I think its just a bit expensive for it.

But I know that will probably be my best option right now.

I know you can never know for sure, but what is your feeling:

Would I be able to get a better deal if I wait a couple of days longer and book a refundable hotel as a backup?

I am also seeing a 3,5* in the Times Square Area for 182$.

Full amenities are:

Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

What do you think would that be?

Or on Priceline Express a 4* in the MSG Area for 191$ with

Restaurant
Fitness Center

Business Center

Thank you!!!

As nobody (including the hotels themselves) can say if they will receive more/less new reservations/cancellations vs. expectations, nobody can say if rates will head up or down between now and your travel dates. However, with 10 days to go before your arrival i suspect hotels have a very good idea of their occupancy levels and have set prices accordingly... this is the start of high season in NYC so i wouldn't necessarily expect or hold out for the very low prices of January/February.

Best guess for the 3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square property would be the Belvedere Hotel.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS offer may be the Tryp as well, but i'm not certain.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Of the three the only property i'm currently seeing at the same/close price point is the 3.5* Times Square on HOTWIRE which i'm guessing to be the Belvedere (Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]