Priceline Double Occupancy through betterbidding

ted0570
By ted0570,
in

So I've talked to priceline, and they tell me there is no way to guarantee double occupancy (for 4 adults) through Express or Name Your Own Price Deals. When I went through the better bidding.com BiddingHelper.com and selected double occupancy, I get to the final screen and it still says "only guaranteed for 2 people." So does selecting Double Occupancy through this site actually filter anything?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

No, nothing on this site filter anything like that. It's difficult to answer you when we don't have the details for your stay.

Can you please post the details for your search/upcoming stay so we can replicate it.

It's correct that PRICELINE Name Your Own Price and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, unless the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer indicates a bed choice. Please note that if you're using the Name Your Own Price is there no guarantee for 2 beds like PRICELINE said.  

I assume you saw a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that indicated "bed choice" ? And there was an option to choose 2 beds?

When you spoke to PRICELINE did you tell them that you selected the bed choice option?

It could be that the offer wasn't updated on the site and when you clicked trough the offer and connected to the date base is this what happens, the offer is gone and the site re-loads with new offers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

When I went through the better bidding.com BiddingHelper.com and selected double occupancy...

Do you mean then you select more than double occupancy??

When you you change the occupancy to anything more than two do you see the following message next to the search button:

NOTE: Priceline searches for

DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY

If you'd like help regarding your trip please post the details you're seeking (desired star rating, budget, dates of your trip, location, and how many rooms/adults/children you need accommodations for)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I've talked to priceline, and they tell me there is no way to guarantee double occupancy (for 4 adults) through Express or Name Your Own Price Deals. When I went through the better bidding.com BiddingHelper.com and selected double occupancy, I get to the final screen and it still says "only guaranteed for 2 people." So does selecting Double Occupancy through this site actually filter anything?

Thanks!

"Double" means two people.    

For four people you would want "quadruple".  

Although they are rare in the US, "single" would be for one person.  

Romelle

Thank you all, I understand my mistake now.

When I entered "4" adults on the better bidding helper, it switched me to double occupancy which I erroneously assumed meant 2 beds. Obviously, it doesn't necessarily. Specifically I was looking at a 3.5star hotel in Malvern, PA. Although it seems bidding may not be the best for me with 4 people.

Thank you again!

PRICELINE EXPRESS (where you can look for listings with "bed choice" and see if any of the options are two beds) or HOTWIRE (where you can indicate the amount of people in the party, which should result in bedding - which may be 2 beds or 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed) for the whole party.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]