Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport

yogangsta
By yogangsta,
in

Can anyone help me ID the following 3.5* Hotwire hotel at LAX

Date of stay: 5/24/2015 - 5/25/2015

Rate shown on your Hotwire Easy View list: $71 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Looks similar to the Hilton amenities list except for the Free Internet...

As I mentioned in my previous post asking for help to ID the hotel, here's what I learned from this "win"...

The price on the Hotwire vs Hotwire Easy View tabs were different: $64/night on the Hotwire tab $71/night on the Hotwire Easy View Tab.

I rolled the dice and booked through BB's Hotwire link, thinking/hoping that I'd get either the Hilton or the Custom Hotel.  I got neither and instead "won" the Concourse Hotel, which BetterBidding has listed as a 3* hotel, but which I "won" as a 3.5* hotel.  So although I'm not thrilled with the "win" (you win some you lose some, and it's only for one night ;) ), perhaps this will be useful info for BB to use to update your Hotwire hotel list.

Sorry to see this wasn't the hotel you were hoping for, but note that this does differ from previous reports of the Hilton by more than just a 'Free Internet' amenity, there are also differences of Spa, Bathroom Accessible, and Pool amenities. As well, this property has a 3.0/5.0 TA rating where as the Hilton (and the Custom Hotel LAX) have a higher TA rating... all of this was indicative that this would likely have been a different property.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating and amenity set for this property. In the future give us a little time to reply to your thread (especially with 6 weeks before your trip) and we will try to help you obtain results that are more satisfactory and inline with your expectations.

Hopefully this will work well for your needs for the one nite stay and you'll find it to be a good value.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare, it's all good.  :)  

My curiosity got the best of me so I rolled the dice knowing I may not get what I'd hoped for.  I'm still very happy with the rate($64/night), and the location of the Concourse Hotel ends up suiting our needs perfectly, as we'll be picking up our rental car right next door the next afternoon, and the hotel is a few mins walk to the direct buses to Venice/Santa Monica and Hollywood.  

If I had a need to be more selective I would have awaited an answer to help ID the property, but as it is it serves our needs: a 3-4 star room close to LAX/public transit options... so it worked out just fine.  :)

And I'm curious to see if/what warrants the hotel's upgrade to 3.5 stars...  ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]