Hotwire Hotel: 5* Helsinki Hotel Haven

Jesper
By Jesper,
in

Hi !

Tried for a couple of days to get a 5 * in Helsinki for 4 nights 20150812-20150816 bidding with Priceline.com - using the betterbidding link.

No luck so far - went as far as 120 euro.

A 4 star hotel is on Hotwire.com for thar period for 93 USD - with Complimentary  Free breakfast,  Free Internet,Amenities  Restaurant(s),  Business center

Any guess what that might be?

Best regards

Jesper

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use the EASY VIEW tab of the board's BiddingHelper.com tool to ensure you're seeing the complete set of amenities associated with each property. Using this method this is what i'm seeing for the 4* hotel offered for your dates:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and with this zone being geographically large with a lot of 4* hotels, i don't have any insight into this one.

HOWEVER, i do see a 4.5* property offered for just a little more at $107/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... my best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki. Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank You for your help. I have noticed the 4.5* hotel, but I'm not interested in Plaza, which I might get.

I will let you know - what I decide. Give it a last try tomorrow when I got 3 more bets( 2 free bets - with "only" 4* zones)  on PRICELINE.

Thank you

Jesper

Note that the 'lock-out' period of a rejected PRICELINE bid has been reduced from 24 hours to only 2 hours... so you do have more opportunities to bid if you would like.

Also, with TWO re-bid zones at the 5* level you could also increase your bidding as follows:

5* Helsinki...

Bid $xx, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $xx, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

5* Helsinki and re-bid zone2...

Bid $xx, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $xx

Thus giving your FOUR bidding attempts each round instead of three bidding attempts.

If PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't ultimately work for your needs this trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know whatever you ultimately decide for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got this 5* Hotel in Helsinki - by Hotwire.

Subtotal $620.00
Tax recovery charges & fees: $83.96
Total $703.96

Complimentary  Free breakfast
  Free Internet
Amenities  Pet friendly
  Smoke-free rooms
  Fitness center
  Restaurant(s)
AccessibilityIn-room accessibility
Accessible bathroom

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and this property will be convenient for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks... enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]